[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this? pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2311225849.jpg (63 KB, 797x443) Image search: [Google]
2311225849.jpg
63 KB, 797x443
What did he mean by this?

pic related
>>
4chan is the cave.
>>
>>8239078
damn...
>>
>>8239076
He was telling them to read The Tunnel.
>>
>>8239078
the internet is the cave
>>
>>8239076
>>
>>8239174
u got me real mad
nice work
>>
dude have u ever noticed how we can't grasp the true nature of things?
FORMS LMAO
>>
>>8239174
Absolutely accurate
>>
>>8239174
It's true.
>>
>>8239200
>muh samefag
>>
>>8239198
>>8239200
>communism
>not ideology
i'm being jested
>>
People who live in their own little worlds cannot be convinced of anything without they on their own taking a step towards the truth of this world.
>>
Going to ask this here as well, as it's kind of related:

I was wondering if anyone here knew what these original paintings were called. All I remember is that it's about a little girl of royalty trying on dresses with a bunch of nobles around her, and a guy in the corner walking up a staircase to the light or something.

There are also 'tributes' done of it by other artists, like Dali and many other people.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>8239243
psy-ops
>>
>>8239174
Was about to post this one too.
>>
The cave is a world of particulars and desires. It's intemperate and complacent and apathetic and therefore people in it are chained and restricted. The people within it merely identify the shadows rather than inquire about them. There everything that is artificial, derivative, and transient is mistaken for truth.

Rising up from the cave is painful. Like Hegelian negation, the prisoner's real education is painful and destructive. The ideas are terrifyingly universal, immortal, and unchanging. Socrates attempts to pull people up towards reason so that they can retrain their eyes to see in its light. He does this by making them poke and prod the shadows so that eventually they detest their unoriginality and impermanence. Because it's so daunting to be faced with this true philosophy, most of Socrates's interlocutors become haughty and indignant. Even for Socrates himself the best he can do is know nothing, neither shadow nor idea.
>>
>>8239255
No, that's not what it's called.
>>
Plato literally invented communism

>>8239174
/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2362x2719) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2362x2719
>>8239243
Las Meninas?
>>
>>8239377
except for the whole rigid class system and praise of aristocracy
>>
>>8239903
Yes! That's it, noice
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.