[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is an excellent novel. Don't listen to the memesters.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 05book-blog427.jpg (89 KB, 427x623) Image search: [Google]
05book-blog427.jpg
89 KB, 427x623
This is an excellent novel. Don't listen to the memesters.
>>
>>8238979
I saw it in the bookstore recently and I sat and read the beginning portion and was completely underwhelmed.
I'll still probably buy it and finish it, but it didn't really appeal to me
>>
>>8238979
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
>>8238979
Not really.

About halfway through and I've yet to see anything interesting happen.

Really wish I would've taken /lit/s advice and steered clear.

>>8238997
Yeah, it's basically this.
We did DRUG and then I talked to some people who not be in the story in the next five pages.
>>
>>8238979
Go to bed, tao.
>>
>>8238979
I do agree that the drug use is a little ridiculous, but I think that's the point. I like that it's a journalistic account of the NYC alt-lit scene, mainly Tao Lin's sceneā€”it also seems germane in relation to the (now not so) new age of "prescribe Benzos for everything!" and its destructive nature. It, for me, was affective, too.
>>
>>8239044
>it's a journalistic account of the NYC alt-lit scene
That sounds like literally the last thing I would ever want to read. I couldn't imagine caring about some dumb drug-addicted yuppies' lack of emotional control
>>
>>8239065
You don't have to care about them, the drug-addicted yuppies, to find the lowbrow, alt-lit scene interesting. Its existence and the complexities within it are interesting whether you care about it now or not. Imo, anyways. I can definitely see why someone would hate it. It's poorly written, almost like a blog post, but again, that's sort of the point.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.