[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atlas Shrugged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Atlas-Shrugged.jpg (165 KB, 640x1097) Image search: [Google]
Atlas-Shrugged.jpg
165 KB, 640x1097
The one book plebs tout when they feel like blaming the world for their shortcomings.
Regardless of that, however, what's /lit's opinion on Atlas Shrugged? Is it Gold or Turd? Cast your vote and elaborate. Or not.
>>
>>8238234
My cult thought that this book was the Illuminati's blueprint for taking over the world.
>>
File: 1458177160195.png (58 KB, 636x674) Image search: [Google]
1458177160195.png
58 KB, 636x674
The best thing to come from Atlas Shrugged are those attempts by assorted libertarian nerds to try and create their own Galt's Gulches. It's hilarious watching them fail.

Right now some Czech ancap is trying to make his own. He's attempting to seize some shitty marshland on the Danube that's disputed between Serbia and Croatia. And every time he and his followers try to set up there the police arrest their asses. It's brilliant.
>>
>>8238234
Objectifag here, better philosophizing, worse narrative than Fountainhead. She basically gave up and went full nonfiction mode thereafter

We the Living and Fountainhead are the best reads, Atlas is the most important
>>
OP here. Current standings are:

Gold:1
Turd: 1

Also, this guy >>8238238

Really needs to watch his crowd.

Correct me if i am wrong on the tallying or anything.
>>
The narrative and characters were just terrible. Didn't enjoy it when i was young, tried it again recenlty, still a waste of paper.

That being said, Objectivism does raise some interesting points, but nothing extremely radical.

Anyway, while still a horrible book, with paper thin characters and infuriating plot, i would recommend it as a read. If nothing else, as an introduction to Objectivism and a "how not to write a story" manual.

Put me in the "Golden Shit" vote i guess, haha
>>
>>8238234
Neither

It's silver
>>
>>8238234
Turd. People don't act like her characters. The money speech is full of things that aren't true in reality (for example your wealth can absolutely exceed your competence). Bad story but worse philosophy.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.