[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VICE interviews Karl Ove Knausgaard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6
File: karl-ove-683x1024.jpg (125 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
karl-ove-683x1024.jpg
125 KB, 683x1024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFTvESIIzEo
>>
>VICE
Nope. Vice, Vox, Fox News, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Stephen Colbert and all the meme tier American media needs to go.
>>
>>8237058
Does this man live for anything else other that having his picture taken?
>>
>>8237121
And what are the alternatives?
>>
>>8237058

Imma leverage this to get mad pussy from all the hipster pseud chicks I know
>>
>>8237121
Fox News is Australian, VICE is Canadian, and Last Week Tonight is British.
>>
>>8237145
You sound a like a bit of a hipster pseud yourself
>>
>>8237137
Euronews is an example.
>>
>>8237154
fox news is american, vice moved operations to new york forever ago, last week tonight is not british
I hope youre only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>8237154
>Last Week Tonight
Nobody in England even knows about that show.

In my country, John Oliver is nothing.
>>
>>8237161

sorry m8 knausgaard isn't as good as you think. he's no secret.
>>
>>8237183
No I don't think his writing is very good, but I think your hypothetical scenario shows you as being disingenuous about intellectual interests, making you to be a hipster psued
>>
>>8237193
pseud isn't even a good meme, unlike cuck, to be honest
>>
>>8237175
why do Brits delight so much in telling Americans how little they like Piers Morgan and John Oliver? you can't mention either without having a Brit chime in with their unsolicited input
>>
>>8237154
>fox news is american
It's run and was created by an Australian, making it Australian
>vice moved operations to new york forever ago,
It's run and was created by Canadians, making it Canadian
>last week tonight is not british
It's run and was created by a Briton, making it British
>>
>>8237212
Fox News Channel (FNC), also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel
Vice (magazine), New York City–based international arts and culture magazine

Last Week Tonight, is an American late-night talk and news satire television program
>>
>>8237209
Did I solicit you to reply?

Nobody cares about your personal ponderings regarding the posting habits of the British.
>>
All media is owned and operated by globalists. They'd be stupid not to.

And godspeed to them. Seven billion is a terrible weight to bear.
>>
>>8237215
The geographical location of the media organization's production is completely irrelevant compared to the identity of those who are responsible for its content.
>>
>>8237199
The cuck meme got old like 7 years ago, retard. Also "pseud" isn't a meme
>>
>>8237209
It's like your embarrassing retarded cousin, you gotta make sure everyone thinks you're not the same.
>>
>>8237058
ikke nå akkurat nå kjempefint nå ikke nå
>>
>>8237121
look what a shit thread you made by this comment, hope you're proud of yourself, jerk
>>
>>8237619
pretty accurate
>>
>>8237917
Vice is atrocious and needs to be called out
>>
>>8237611
>cuck is a meme
>pseud is not a meme

ummm
>>
>>8237976
I bet you don't even know where the cuck meme started, bitch
>>
>>8237954
no it doesn't. Everyone knows Vice is bad. This is about Knausgaard getting interviewed. Go back to /pol/
>>
>>8237988
Nope. If you make a thread that gives their youtube channel traffic, then you're thread is oging to be ruined. Fuck off.
>>
>>8237987
this reminds me of when I was 6 years old and certain kids were considered cool because they knew what words like sperm and sex meant. Are you 6 years old?
>>
>>8237954
>>8237988
What is bad about it?

I know their journalist kind of dumb down their articles and do lots of stuff over drugs and other edgy material, but they also have some interesting insights. They're not misleading about anything to my knowledge.
>>
>>8237996
Says the dipshit who thinks the word "pseud" is a meme LMAO
>>
>>8237121

VICE actually does pretty exceptional investigative journalism.
>>
>>8237993
>I am 19 and have stances on things!

Yes you really are the last bastion of defense against these media tyrants, keep up the good fight. I'm going to give their youtube channel 30 hits just to spite you for being such a little faggot
>>
>>8238006
Lol now that's just sad
>>
>>8238001
ok, so you are 6. Thanks I can ignore your posts now
>>
>>8238013
You can't ignore my posts unless you filter Anonymous or leave 4chan forever, and I'd be fine with either.
>>
>>8238011
how does it feel to know your precious campaign against vice got them considerably more attention than they would have if you weren't such a bitch
>>
>>8238021
I hope you watched all of their ads and clicked on them and bought tons of stuff lol
>>
>>8238019
What I mean to say is I will stop treating your posts seriously and be comfortable knowing that they are the moronic spewings of a teenager and don't warrant a response. But here I am wasting time on a faggot, so I'll just say toodle-oo
>>
>>8238030
Good. I won't miss you.
>>
>>8238034
Good.
>>
>>8238024
nah, but I'll watch the videos that seem interesting and incrementally increase their popularity as a result. Enjoy crying about Vice for years to come
>>
File: spider man.jpg (26 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
spider man.jpg
26 KB, 240x200
>>8237121
Gobby what have you done...
>>
>>8238050
If you ever post popular news sources on 4chan your thread will be ruined. It's not worth doing.
>>
File: 141502678633.jpg (81 KB, 1024x723) Image search: [Google]
141502678633.jpg
81 KB, 1024x723
VICE is for teenagers who don't think "regular" news are cool enough.
The Onion perfected their satire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHvrirXi5Ds

Why are grown Americans unable/unwilling to mature and act like adults?
>>
File: bored in class.jpg (52 KB, 661x640) Image search: [Google]
bored in class.jpg
52 KB, 661x640
>>8238056
>WE HERE AT FOUR CHAN DO NOT CARE FOR POPULAR THINGS
>>
>>8238073
and rebelling against vice is for teenagers who don't want to like the same things 'regular' teenagers like. Same with The Onion. Your just trying to remove yourself with one extra layer of irony to make yourself feel special and different
>>
>>8238098
>Your
>>
>>8238106
You got me, I guess everything I said is wrong now
>>
>>8238098
>you're just disliking bad things because you want to be different
Really, you're presenting this as an actual argument?
>>
>>8238131
my argument is that making a big song and dance about not liking it is what teenagers do. I don't like Vice much either but I don't make it my faggoty mission to derail threads because I'm such a young revolutionary
>>
>>8238130
Be a man about your mistakes.
>>
>>8238139
Ok, it was a mistake. Now get to the issue at hand, I think the discussion is more pertinent than one grammatical error
>>
>>8238149
Then why are you posting about it? You just admitted you're purposefully wasting your time.
>>
>>8238137
My mission to derail? I've made one post in this thread prior.
Maybe OP shouldn't have made such a shit thread, then there'd be no reason for me calling out for being shit.

Interestingly, you seem to be the one passionate about the issue.
>>
>>8238155
no, I was trying to get things back on track. Somebody else just tried to turn it into a grammar police thread which would have further derailed what is already a derailed thread. But if you're just baiting me and don't want to discuss anything then whatever
>>
>>8238161
Well, at least you're handling it in the best way possible.
>>
>>8238160
>one post prior
As if. But my word against yours right?
>>
>>8238164
>doesn't know about making trips

newbies.
>>
>>8238164
Is it so hard to imagine more people than me dislike VICE and don't think it belongs on /lit/?
>>
Jesus Christ.

/Sage
>>
>>8238170
Jesus Christ would never sage.

Blasphemy.
>>
>>8238168
the reason it's on /lit/ is because it is an interview with a famous contemporary author, one whom you obviously don't care about and haven't read. Instead, you decide to take it upon yourself to ruin any potentiality of literary discussion on a literature board by taking on an issue completely unrelated to literature at all (which I doubt you care about either). Congratulations you colossal faggot, you're the reason this sub is terrible
>>
>>8238175
Instead you take it upon yourself to carry a conversation with said anon instead of choosing to respond to posts that are legitimately interested in the content you posted.
>>
>>8238183
If the argument did anything to sway their opinion and get them to stop malignant irrelevant posts on a lit board, then it won't have been useless. But I guess that's just stupid optimism on my part
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di5UN5BpW-o

Here's something from a non-shit source.
>>
>>8238189
Correct! See, you learned even though the other anon didn't.
>>
>>8238196
But he's the source in both of them.
>>
>>8238003
bender.jpg
>>
>>8237212
rupert gave up his australian citizenship
>>
>>8238003
liek wat
>>
>>8237311
Nobody in Australia would identify fox news as Aussie you fucking spastic cunt.
>>
>>8238073
The ONion is officially shit now actually
>>
>>8238196
Thanks for posting a video that's actually worth watching.
>>
>>8238196
Lol and there are dozens of probably great hour-long talks with the author that appear in the related videos, but OP had to post the shitty one from the retarded pop news faggots
>>
>>8237058
That interviewer was insufferable.
>>
>>8237058
I've never read any of his works and I've not watched the video, but Knausgaard looks like an absolute turd who likely can't write for shit.
>>
he looks so cool

like Hank Moody

fat uggos need not apply
>>
>>8238355
Virgin detected.
>>
I began typing in the web address but google had remembered it from my last search.The site became particularly popular over the summer months, as teenagers spent their summer vacation looking for ways to distract themselves from the boredom or isolation, looked for a community to identify with. I posted a thread about Karl Ove Knausgaard, a Norwegian writer whose first book had been published to much acclaim and whose subsequent auto-biographical novels had gained worldwide notoriety, something practically unheard of in contemporary literature. I knew however that in order to gain the attention of the site's users I could not simply ask a serious and therefore rather dull question or elaborate on my own opinion of Knausgaard's work. Serious discussions about literature had rather ironically become taboo on the particular board on which I was posting, and the merit of one's post was now judged almost entirely on the quantity of replies it received, rather than the quality of these replies or the meaningfulness of their content. I realized my hand had been in my boxer shorts the entire time and that my fingers were now lightly gripping my semi-erect penis, as they were want to do as I browsed the internet. I looked for one of the many photographs of the writer available on google, saved it, uploaded it to 4chan and wrote an opening post which I knew was likely to attract a hostile or impassioned response. It worked. I felt a sense of relief running through my entire body. Twenty minutes later I saw that my attempt had been successful. The thread had veered away from its initial topic within the space of a few posts, and now over a dozen users had contributed angry and poorly articulated responses to subjects that barely had any relevance to Karl Ove Knausgaard or indeed literature itself. With something akin to glee I noticed the post count rising as a debate about the Holocaust began, and I watched with a sense of contentment as my thread remained on the first page of the board's and at the very top of its catalog. My semi-erect penis had now become fully engorged. It throbbed in my hand. I closed my eyes and gasped in ecstasy as I considered how I had, yet again, contributed to the detriment of a community designed with the intention of catering for those individuals who wished to communicate sincerely and openly about their literary preferences. The semen trickled down my thumb. The chloride smell wafted from the boxer short material. I was in heaven.
>>
>>8237058
Kek, I was right to leave this board a year ago, now you can't even discuss books without mentioning politics, "cucks", "cultural marxism" and other spooks. Get fucked, /pol/fags, the only thing this board has going for itself right now is the wiki with recommendation charts.
>>
>>8239444
Is this supposed to be a satire of Knausgard's writing?
>>
>>8237058
Who is this seemingly weak-imposter of Hemingway? Does he write OK?
>>
>>8238196
I've watched almost every interview with knausgaard and that's one of the best ones
>>
>>8237623
hva faen
>>
>>8239731
stoppe opp en guleboj i nougatpajplajnen ditt
>>
>>8237058
>rugged, messy look
>Scandinavian
>smokes all the time
wow so cool he must be a really smart guy
>>
>>8237058
Watching these interviews makes me think that his books aren't sincere at all. Why does he attend so many interviews and seems so comfortable talking to complete strangers? He knows what to say, no awkward silences, etc. What's the deal?
>>
>>8237058
why do pseudo hipster edgy video productions always have that obnoxious desaturated filter? It's ugly as shit. That's not how you do digital photog, fucking plebs.
>>
>>8239824
>Watching social skills in action makes me think that his books aren't sincere at all.
>>
>>8239898
Well, he's constantly saying "Why can't I join the fun? Why must I be so difficult and asocial?", right?
>>
File: 1434858355028.jpg (72 KB, 756x960) Image search: [Google]
1434858355028.jpg
72 KB, 756x960
>>8238003
>>
>>8239444
OP here, believe me I've already tried to delete this post because it is now utter shit, but it says it's too old to be deleted. Truth be told, i posted this vid because I thought it was released yesterday by vice and i thought /lit/ would like recent interviews with contemporary authors but it turns out its a year old. oops!
>>
>>8239511
he's a very comfy writer. doesn't progress that fast story-wise, takes his time and dissects what he's writing about completely before moving on. It's very relaxing to read him. Several critics have compared him to a modern day Proust
>>
>>8239444
your Knausgaard is about an 8/10, which is p good, but

>those trips

10/10
>>
>>8238213
Okay? Most Australians can't read or identify their head of state either, but that doesn't transform the identity of the guy who is dictating the content on Fox News
>>
>>8240291
>Several critics have compared him to a modern day Proust
note that these critics are retarded at best
>>
File: knaus.jpg (74 KB, 533x536) Image search: [Google]
knaus.jpg
74 KB, 533x536
>tfw he starts to cry in an interview
>>
>>8240640
>snorre
heh that means wiener
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.