[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
writers of lit, what is your major motivation to write? also,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: writing-onceuponatime-520x245.jpg (18 KB, 520x245) Image search: [Google]
writing-onceuponatime-520x245.jpg
18 KB, 520x245
writers of lit, what is your major motivation to write? also, do you have your readers in mind as you write, even if the reader is just yourself, or you just let your mind come through your pen/keyboard?

i think i do it to one day read the book ive never found and that would answer all my questions.
>>
where are you all? writing?
>>
>>8237048
>Motivation to write? Self-expression and posterity.
>Readers in mind? Not much. I just craft my writing as I see best. If you keep readers in mind too much you run the risk of losing your individuality.
>>
>>8237048
Suck a dick, t b h. If this is a question you have to ask then just shouldn't be here.
>>
>>8237340
well im not asking the question cause i dont have my answer. i just wanna see other peoples take on it.
>>
I dunno, what's your motivation to shitpost? It's just something I enjoy doing.
>>
File: le-mepris_godard_bardot_5.jpg (450 KB, 750x953) Image search: [Google]
le-mepris_godard_bardot_5.jpg
450 KB, 750x953
>>8237048
>writers of lit, what is your major motivation to write?
Joy
>also, do you have your readers in mind as you write, even if the reader is just yourself, or you just let your mind come through your pen/keyboard?
Sometimes. It can be distracting though. Unless you're a hack trying to make a buck, you should avoid thinking about them.
>>
>>8237048
>what is your major motivation to write?
The fact that its one of the only things I feel like doing, and one of the only things that give me a happy escape from my little life.

>do you have your readers in mind as you write, even if the reader is just yourself, or you just let your mind come through your pen/keyboard?
I wrote the (first draft of) a book that I would want to read, as if had someone given it to me knowing I'd enjoy it. So yeah, I write for myself. I'd argue that for certain people, writing for someone else is a good way to limit yourself and malign your creativity, depending on the inteneded auidence. So the best I can hope for is write in the voice/tone that I wanted, and that people will be attracted to it.
>>
>>8237048
money, pussy, power.
>>
>>8237048
I have no motivation to write. I write because I have exhausted all other career options. If this doesn't pan out then I will kill myself.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.