[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>some nobel laureate jew who wrote about Auschwitz dies and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1466825198878.gif (656 KB, 476x350) Image search: [Google]
1466825198878.gif
656 KB, 476x350
>some nobel laureate jew who wrote about Auschwitz dies and /lit/ doesn't speak a word about him

Sure is comfy in here.
>>
>>8236661
He was 87. It was bound to happen some day.
>>
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>8236661

You mean the compulsive liar?
>>
>>8236672
kys, faggot
>>
we talked about how he's a fucking holocaust industry fraud yesterday.

elie wiesel was a piece of shit profiteer with a fitting name.
>>
Wiesel tells a story about a visit to a Rebbe, a Hasidic rabbi, he had not seen for 20 years. The Rebbe is upset to learn that Wiesel has become a writer, and wants to know what he writes. "Stories," Wiesel tells him, " ... true stories":

About people you knew? "Yes, about people I might have known." About things that happened? "Yes, about things that happened or could have happened." But they did not? "No, not all of them did. In fact, some were invented from almost the beginning to almost the end." The Rebbe leaned forward as if to measure me up and said with more sorrow than anger: That means you are writing lies! I did not answer immediately. The scolded child within me had nothing to say in his defense. Yet, I had to justify myself: "Things are not that simple, Rebbe. Some events do take place but are not true; others are—although they never occurred."

^^ this says all i need to know about weasel
>>
he was a one trick pony
>muh 6 garillion
Yeah yeah yeah nobody suffers like Jew do
>>
>>8236715
Not sure of the source, but it could be something Weisel said.
Why is everyone on him about this "holocaust industry?"

I've read quite a few of his novels, I never once cracked one open and thought I was being told anything but fiction.
>>
>>8236765
this, I'm pretty sure the forward to Night even talks about how some stuff was embellished or mad up
>>
>>8236661
They're still in morning for the King of Man-children, The Duke Dave of Headbandia
>>
>Novelist writes fictions
>Frogmen: LIAR!
>>
>>8236661
Never read him, even though I'm jewish.
But that's the beauty of 4chan - want to know if people are racist? just ask. nobody gives a shit.

yo lit, how antisemitic are you?
>>
>>8236902
I think Ashkenazi Jews are weird inbred schizophrenic geniuses who make great intellectuals and philosophers but also effeminate nepotistic cunts who worship giant piles of Jew shoes at Auschwitz because they have it burned into their brains that JEWS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER, OY VEY THE TRIBE! THESE JEW SHOES ARE WORTH MORE THAN A THOUSAND GOYIM!
>>
>>8236914
So. How long have you felt this way about your sister, anon?
>>
>>8236837
it gets sold as true stories in high schools
>>
File: welles1_2718066b.jpg (50 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
welles1_2718066b.jpg
50 KB, 620x387
>>8236923
Ah. I never went.

Remember The Blair Witch Project?
>>
>>8236677
>>8236715
I thought he was a writer of fiction not a historian

we have countless other reports of the holocaust anyway
>>
>>8236765
i copy and pasted it from wikipedia,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_(book)#cite_note-69
very bottom
>>
We had a thread yesterday. I recounted a silly anecdote in which my high school classmate compared public schools to the nazi regime during our Night discussion. Thanks for the laughs, Elie.
>>
>>8236765
It is not widely known that the book is fiction, and Wiesel doesn't even really flat-out call it that either. Rather he fills in gaps with events and atrocities that he thinks "could have happened" based on his opinion of the enemy. The thing that bothers me, whether it was intentional or not isnt important at this point, is that it meddles the truth when even trying to have a civilized discussion about the holocaust.
>>
File: homie.jpg (583 KB, 1192x1748) Image search: [Google]
homie.jpg
583 KB, 1192x1748
do you know who else is a fucking trojan war industry fraud

Homer

he was a piece of shit compulsive liar and profiteer with a fitting name (because of the dumb yellow homer)
>>
>>8236961
most borderline autobiography/fictions are like that

there are countless examples of exaggeration
>>
>>8236961
I think the main source of the confusion of whether it's non-fiction is the fact that his reputation as a holocaust survivor precedes everything else. People just assume he writes what he experienced.
>>
>>8236968
not denying that, its just the fact that its the holocaust. I can't think of a more touchy topic than that, and it certainly doesn't need twisting with what really happened.
>>
>>8236963
True, but he's also the foundation of the Western literary canon
>>
> greyhairedpynchonrenderedpic.jpg
hell be fine
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.