[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cried a lot when I finished it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 423x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 423x648
I cried a lot when I finished it.
>>
Pynchon is almost certainly my favorite writer, because what I enjoy most in books are goofs, gags, jokes, pranks, and rambunctious behavior, and his novels are full to the brim (so to speak) with these. Every novel somewhat resembles one of those novelty snake-cans: you open the book --- and POP! your face is instantly bombarded by rubber snakes, and you fall back to the floor, cackling. "The mad mind!" you think, "The genius, to do it!" and then you think, "Hm, what will he do next, this trickster?" And you pick the book back up from where you dropped it upon the floor after being besieged by the heinously hilarious rubber snakes and --- BZZZZZZZ! You get a shock! Hahahaha! You've been pranked by the old "Pynch-meister" (as they used to say in Uni), that "card"! "Did that pinch?" he asks, chortling childishly and excessively. Observe him carefully in his state of nature as he inserts a pair of plastic "buck-teeth" into his mouth and politely displays them to you. "Do you like these?" he charismatically asks you, eyes a-twinkling. "Do I look handsome?" He pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" and he places a hand to his naughty mouth, and you have fell to the floor with laughter again as he snaps his suspenders and exits stage-right, then appears again, hauling a large and golden gong.
>>
>>8235896
yeah the I had she'd a few tears by the end as well. masons son when they go to visit dixon at the end killed me. the part about "it's your mate"
>>
>>8235896

Homo
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.