[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which are the books about humiliation and shame also how to recover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1466922606860.jpg (36 KB, 450x559) Image search: [Google]
1466922606860.jpg
36 KB, 450x559
which are the books about humiliation and shame
also how to recover
>>
>>8235710
>which are the books about humiliation and shame
most serious literature is about this

>also how to recover
you dont
>>
>>8235710
I don't remember.
>>
Game of Thrones?

NSFW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsOK9Tc60M
>>
Lord Jim
>>
>which are the books about humiliation and shame

hippolytus

>also how to recover

stop being a faggot
>>
>>8235786
faggots tell other people to stop being faggots, so checkmate
>>
>>8235710
the only sustainable method of suppressing shame is to learn to forgive yourself and embrace God's complete love.
>>
>>8235721
please offer a recommendation, i have so little serious literature
>>
>>8235815
nice try, but that involves embracing shame, not "suppressing" it--the latter would mean "hiding it from God"
>>
Hunger by Knut Hamsun
>>
Dostoyevsky
>>
>>8235710
Hawthorne bro.

>also how to recover

Accepting that someting happened and, developing and continuing to develop your own life-philosophy/outlook throughout your life (not caving to social standards and other peoples perception on life). Helped me personally.
>>
>>8236070
thank you very much
>>
>>8236070
>how to recover
>accept the past and face the future :^)
Where can I read your book?
>>
File: orwellguns-620x416.jpg (32 KB, 620x416) Image search: [Google]
orwellguns-620x416.jpg
32 KB, 620x416
OP, fuck this guy's pussy bullshit >>8236070

You don't need to read anything. Just get a gun and shoot them all.
>>
>>8235772
This is the correct answer.

Was going to say Disgrace by Coetzee, but I'm not sure it really fits the 'recover' part.
>>
Stigma by Goffman (non-fic)
>>
>>8236142
Kek, oh silence you tit.
>>
>>8236113
You got it OP, though, >>8236070 is right about you not neccesarily having to read anything. But there are great books that deal with the topic.
>>
>>8236129
>don't know how to react to compliments

I wish I could write :)
>>
>>8236327

I meant >>8236142 is right about not having to read anything (my bad).
>>
>>8235710
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.