[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good books written from a schizophrenic person's point
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: poltergeist.gif (2 MB, 433x246) Image search: [Google]
poltergeist.gif
2 MB, 433x246
Any good books written from a schizophrenic person's point of view?
>>
VALIS
>>
>>8231333
Forever laughing
>>
Foucault's very early work has really really good stuff, he indulges in an existential phenomenology of (historical forms of) madness and schizophrenia. I'd recommend reading the first part of Gary Gutting's Archaeology of Scientific Reason. Just the parts on Folie et deraison, pre-Birth of the Clinic stuff, really - 50 pages, very readable, and you can use it as a guide to Foucault's actual stuff.
>>
>>8231333
Super frog saves tokyo, a short story by murakami, really unnerved me.
>>
>>8231333
riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howth Castle and Environs.
>>
>>8231333
There is this one short story called 'The diary of a madman' by Gogol. Pretty funny desu.
>>
>>8232204
Kame 2 poast deez
>>
Diary of a Schizophrenic girl is genuinely the memoirs of the duration of a young french girls schizophrenia. It finishes with a very poor but maybe historically interesting overview of her illness by the psychiatrist who saw her.

It's short and an incredible insight, sighted by Huxley in one of his essays (maybe doors of perception, but more likely heaven and hell).
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.