[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that chapter about time fuck that was annoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: or ardor.jpg (203 KB, 643x1007) Image search: [Google]
or ardor.jpg
203 KB, 643x1007
>that chapter about time
fuck that was annoying
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 800x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 800x1062
>that unaware chapter about Notes from the underground
Fuck that was cringy
>>
What does 'the texture of time' even mean?
>>
>>8231026
Read Le Hippo Man's Confessions.
>>
File: a.jpg (290 KB, 762x988) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
290 KB, 762x988
I tried to read the whole thing in one day but didn't make it

I thought the whole thing could have been 200 pages shorter. Van and Ada's pretentious attitude was what annoyed me, especially when they were with Lucette

the texture of time chapter wasn't bad but I felt it was jammed in there to give the book some kind of theme
>>
>>8231100
and Nabokovs constant use of switching up language

we get it, you are multilingual
>>
File: Kuroneko_ruri_gokou.png (581 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kuroneko_ruri_gokou.png
581 KB, 1280x720
I can't be the only one that imagined Ada like this right?
>>
>>8231103
>not being fluent in at least 3 european
>>
>>8231026

The whole fucking thing is a mediation on time and memory, but that chapter was still my favorite.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.