[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, so, this is absolutely killing me. I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Watership Down.jpg (84 KB, 416x670) Image search: [Google]
Watership Down.jpg
84 KB, 416x670
Alright, so, this is absolutely killing me.

I'm looking for (the name of) a book I read when I was small'ish - back in the mid 1990's, I guess.

It reminded me a lot of Watership Down, in that the protagonists, as well as the antagonists, of the story were anthropomorphized animals, and the tone of the story was 'dark'.
A peaceful forest settlement of animals was 'invaded' by white/silvery monkeys/gorillas, who had fantastic ideas/technology. Just that, as time went on, these white or silvery monkeys/gorillas effectively enslaved the population, through violent means as well as through dependency. (Colonialism ho.) The book had a sad or bad ending - no freedom to be had for the forest animals.

What may be making this harder (for me; perhaps someone can draw parallels and realize what the original story is) is that I read the book in Dutch. It may even be by a Dutch author and not internationally translated... If so, I'm out of luck.

I've searched for years. Literally every few months tried searching again, but I've always come up empty-handed.

Does this story ring any bells for anyone? I'd be eternally grateful!
>>
>>8230091
Darude - Sandstorm
(I know it too ;)
>>
>>8230149
came up as a song

thanks but thats not it
>>
>>8230091
Sorry don't know it. Although a popular book when I was growing up was Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH, which has some similarities. Might put you on the right track.
>>
Thanks, I'll keep searching!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.