[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just ordered Collected Fictions by Borges. Is he really as good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 1473x2169) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 1473x2169
Just ordered Collected Fictions by Borges. Is he really as good as I've heard?
>>
>>8229462
Yep. You'll love it.
>>
>>8229462
read it yourself and find out.
>>
>>8229462
no
>>
>>8229462
If I could only own 10 books that would be one of them.
>>
>>8229462

Yes, but skip the first set of stories and go directly to Fictions. No one cares about those ones.
>>
>>8229476
Which would the other ones be?
>>
>>8229486
Nah, I liked Iniquity. Don't have to read in order and can always go back to them.
>>
>>8229462
>Just ordered Collected Fictions by Borges. Is he really as good as I've heard?
He's better.
>>
>>8229486
I liked those.

>>8229492
Idk, probably more collected works.
Kafka's The Complete Stories
The Complete Collection of Flannery O'Connor
Bros Karamazov
The Waves
The Holy Bible
Ulysses

shit idk
>>
>>8229462
This man... In my country he is everything.
>>
You got the wrong translation.

Cancel the order and get Irby/Yates.
>>
>>8229686

That translation was the only one that I found on Amazon.
>>
>>8229462
Just ordered Collected Fictions by Borges. Is he really as good as Clifford Lee Sargent says he is?
>>
>>8229835
Borges is the greatest writter to never have recieved a Nobel Prize.

Since the Nobel Prize was created, of course. But still, you can go centuries to the past and not find one like him. The guy predicted a lot of quantum physics (and some IT) before the scientists, there are a couple of books about it, simply amazing.

Probably the best man my country ever produced, in every field.
>>
Hurley's translation is dope

Great reference collection, but take your time with the stories imo
>>
>>8229686
Labrynths? Does it have di Giovanni translations?
>>
>>8231339
What about Kafka though?
>>
Does Collected Fictions contain all of Ficciones and Labyrinths?
>>
>>8232179
Dont know but it wouldn´t make sense, since Labyrinths got some essays aswell.
>>
>>8232179
Yes and the Aleph and the 80s works that are pretty meh, and his early works of historical fiction that were surprisingly great
>>
>>8231339
You got me. Borges and Kafka. Can't think right now of anyone else above those two who would fit in the category.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.