[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Independence/General Literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 640x854
ITT: We recommend eachother American literature to read over the Independence Day weekend, preferably on the Independence movement itself.

I think My Brother Sam is Dead is alright.
>>
My Kinsman Major Molineux
>>
>>8229286
Wasn't paper still relatively expensive back then? Were they really okay with just tearing and scrunching it up like that, and throwing it on the floor?

Seems a bit bourgeois honestly; either they have a disregard for valuable things, or they have so much money it doesn't matter to them. Are those really the kinds of people you'd want making your constitution?
>>
>>8229333
>the people who made the US constitution were bourgeoisie largely looking out for their own interests
No way! Next you're going to tell me there were people living here when we got here.
>>
>>8229333
interesting approach at misrepresenting the founding fathers. ive never seen such a trivial premise before.

kys butt blasted brit bong
>>
>>8229286
Anyone know any good /lit/ about the cluper spy ring?
>>
File: BumpNurse.png (198 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
BumpNurse.png
198 KB, 450x500
>>
>>8229291

>My Kinsman Major Molineux

Serious question, is Hawthorne good? I know that sounds like I'm memeing but I'm not.

I've always dismissed him since I read Scarlet Letter for school and looked back at it as an adult and it read like a children's book for Puritans saying "don't have sex, kids."
>>
>>8229333

>Seems a bit bourgeois honestly; either they have a disregard for valuable things, or they have so much money it doesn't matter to them. Are those really the kinds of people you'd want making your constitution?

This may be the funniest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>8229833
>is Hawthorne good
unlike you, I really enjoyed the Scarlet Letter (ignoring the framestory, one of the worst literary conventions ever devised), but I'm going to read the Marble Faun soon, so I guess I'll find out.
>>
>>8229286
Benjamin franklin's autobiography is fascinating on many levels and covers the events of the revolution as he experienced them. The man was as close to a philosopher king as human beings might come. Thomas Paine's 'Common Sense' and 'Rights of Man' are excellent as well, though probably not as entertaining as Franklin's book.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.