[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>writing a essay >subject is perfectly adressed for undergrad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: edgycooking.jpg (14 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
edgycooking.jpg
14 KB, 300x199
>writing a essay
>subject is perfectly adressed for undergrad level
>still 7 pages shorter than required

What do I do now? I'm just using redundant theory now that makes the text feels fat of references. What this minimum page requirement is supposed to accomplish? Is this a warning sign of shitty teacher?
>>
it's a sign that you're a shitty writer
>>
>>8228926
>writing a essay
Yup, its just you.
>>
>>8228926
Your problem is that you did not outline your paper. Here's my method:

>The required number of pages is your basic template
>Make a list of subtopics related to the main subject of discussion
>Allocate an equal amount of space for each subtopic within those pages

This is not a hard rule. Obviously, you will have more to say on some points but breaking up the space makes the whole process easier.

>Flesh out any ideas that come to mind
>Fill the rest of the space with fluff or quotations

The mistake that a lot of kiddies make is to treat an essay as a linear progression. Once you have drawn the skeleton, you can start anywhere!
>>
i have never observed page limits on any paper i've written. i don't think about it but usually i come reasonably close. in some cases i miss by a lot though, but i submit it anyway. i have never failed to receive anything below the highest marks

if you're confident that you're actually a good write who's said all he needs to, just submit it.
>>
>>8228926

I would take it to my professor during office hours or email it to them. Remember that professors are human beings and are capable of making snap judgements. If he likes the paper, you've just saved yourself seven pages of bullshit. I once had a professor persuade me to leave exam essays blank cause he said he liked my other paper and I was gonna get an A anyway. All you have to do is have one conversation.
>>
>>8228926
Post your paper. We'll tell you what you can add so you had enough content and focus less on style corrections.

It sounds like you didn't research your topic enough or look into scholarly conversations about it.
>>
>>8229688
On my phone please forgive the typos
>>
>>8228926
>Introduction'
>Thesis
>Argument
>Conclusion including restatement

If the professor requires a certain amount of pages, find enough sources that support your argument and introduce their merits and points of failure. I mean, its almost as if you have access to oxfordbibliographies and libgen
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.