[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /lit/, you guys consider yourselves wordsmart... but have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: greatestaccomplishmentofmylife.png (27 KB, 648x576) Image search: [Google]
greatestaccomplishmentofmylife.png
27 KB, 648x576
So /lit/, you guys consider yourselves wordsmart... but have you ever beaten the computer at scrabble?????
>>
>>8227875
you cheated, faggot
>>
>>8227881
In what way do you think I cheated?
>>
>>8227875
Scrabble is probably the worst word game possible.
>>
>>8227894
I'd say its more of a math game than word game. There was a bit of a buzz about an english speaking scrabble champ who memorized a shit ton of french words and managed to win a french championship, without understanding most of the word meanings.
>>
>>8227908
So you mean a really basic arithmetic and word memorization game
>>
Scrabble is really low-tier as a board game because it doesn't require any innate problem-solving skills. A Scrabble player who's studied the two-letter-word list is going to perform 30% better than someone of equal intellect who hasn't studied the list. This creates an inane, skill-less "arms race" to see who can stable the highest number of utterly obtuse words. "Aa" and "xi" and "es" are just the beginning of this stupidity.

t. chess-player
>>
>>8227889
you're on the internet
>>
>>8227942
That's not what I asked. What do you think I did to cheat? I don't know how to change the game's code, and I swear the pic isn't a photoshop, though I guess you don't have to believe me on that.
>>
>>8227987
there are countless scrabble help tools online to give you words based on your letters and whats available on the board
>>
>>8227929
why do you title everything

t. tell me
>>
>>8227992
If you're talking about the t. thing then it's just a retarded meme that faggots use
>>
>>8227991
Oh, that makes sense. The game in the OP pic is from a couple years ago, but I don't recall doing that. I guess you could say I cheated in the sense that this particular Java version lets you see the opponent's tiles and doesn't punish you for trying to play words that aren't in the game's dictionary.
>>
>>8227991
Most of my words were the pretty obvious ones, btw. I promise I'm not the one who played "tace" or "dorps"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.