[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pic related worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: virginia-woolf.jpg (206 KB, 1171x1600) Image search: [Google]
virginia-woolf.jpg
206 KB, 1171x1600
Is pic related worth reading?
>>
This is a retarded question.

Yes. (don't forget her essays too.)
>>
>>8227331
The best. Yes.
>>
>>8227346
>>8227341
What is her best then
>>
>>8227331
One of the greatest prose stylists who ever lived.
>>
>>8227365
The Waves
>>
>>8227368
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>8227366
what did she mean by this and did he ever fire back. if I was james I would have wrote a letter and posted it in her towns news paper about how I'd like to fart all over her face and poop on her chest while fucking the toot toots outta her bum bum and post my digits so she can call me up.
>>
>>8227331
shes cute :3
>>
Yes, Jane Austen is way underrated here.
>>
>>8227392
honestly, she was just intimidated by him. She was REALLY into writing and resented the fact that such a crude Irish "working man" could write on her level and she would write about him constantly in her diary, alternating between taking jabs at his work and admitting to his skill.
I believe this quote is from a letter she wrote to someone
>>
>>8227420
and he never shot back eh. lol that's how it's done. let that bitch think.
>>
>>8227420
so she wanted his dick
>>
>>8227432
Stop derailing a quality thread.
>>
>>8227428
I don't think he ever read her diary, anon.
she didn't exactly post it on twitter.
>>
>>8227392
>>8227420
I don't think she was intimidated by him, I think like most people, she had an opinion. I have seen several positive mentions of Joyce in her writing.
>>8227365
For starters choose from the following whichever seems to interest you the most:
A Room of One's Own
Mrs. Dalloway
Orlando
To The Lighthouse
>>
File: 1462470497900.jpg (14 KB, 162x227) Image search: [Google]
1462470497900.jpg
14 KB, 162x227
No, and her essays contain no original ideas. Her prose style, however, is sound and not the worst thing for a beginner to imitate. Taken too far, it can be quite bad, as in this >>8227366
We do not suffer so abject slavery to the definite article as the French do.

Also:
>a third rater mocking a genius
kek'd
>>
SHES FEMALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE HAS A VERGINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
To The Lighthouse had the most immersive prose I've ever read
>>
>>8227718
>immersive prose
Kek, this fucking sub
>>
>>8227677
>>8227707
Pseuds everywhere
>>
woolf's fantastic, really interesting to see her development if you check out her short stories.
>>
>>8227677
>Her prose style, however, is sound and not the worst thing for a beginner to imitate.
>talking out my asshole
>>
>>8227810

lol
>>
>>8227795
shit post
>>8227810
I'm sorry your genre fiction doesn't make the cut.
>>
>>8227331
READ THE WAVES
>>
>>8227838
>Virginia Woolf
>genre fiction
too much bait not enough hook, little friend
>>
>>8227910
>virginia woolf
>not genre fiction
Too much pleb, not enough intellect, little friend. It's no wonder Nabokov called her books third rate trash.
>>
Leave my dead wife alone.
>>8227944
Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>8227445
This and then get to The Waves after reading 2-3+ of her novels.
>>
>>8227331
Pretty much the only female author you can say is categorically and unconditionally "worth reading"
>>
>>8227766
its not a "sub" you idiot. A "sub" is a perpetual string of threads concerning a particular area of interest. This is just a thread
>>
>>8228192
/lit/ never does seem to get around to reading a room of one's own
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.