[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did you turn on me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: Cormac_McCarthy.jpg (6 KB, 146x188) Image search: [Google]
Cormac_McCarthy.jpg
6 KB, 146x188
Why did you turn on me?
>>
CORNYMAC YE TORTILLAS MCCOBBLER
>>
Why did you turn me on?
>>
>>8227133
lmao
>>
>>8227126
one side of the tortilla was burning so we had to flip it over.
>>
>>8227126

Someone tell me why the fuck this guy is so obsessed with tortillas.
>>
>>8227166
He isn't.
Shitposters read the first 100 or so pages of Blood Meridian in which the characters eat tortillas in Mexico like twice and can't find anything else to meme him with so they spam tortillas.
>>
>>8227208
shoo shoo corncobber
>>
>>8227208

Don't you think it's kinda suspicious that the world blows up, people are so desperate for food that they're eating babies, and this guy and his son just happen to find a box full of hundreds of tortillas?
>>
>>8227208
they eat more beans than tortillas? why don't people call him a beaner?
>>
>>8227126
Dislike him. Writer of corncobby chronicles. To consider them masterpieces is an absurd delusion. A nonentity, means absolutely nothing to me.
>>
>>8227208
-spits-
>>
We still like him we are, however, currently infected by one autist who will spam cuckcob mccuckthy every thread about McCarthy over and over until it dies. He's been at it for 7 months or so.
>>
>>8227304
>one
>>
>>8227304
>corncobbers desperately trying to pretend it's some lone contrarian shitting on their hack idol
>>
>>8227236
Not really. Tortillas aren't some super delicate food they are designed to be made en mass and sit around.

The only unbelievable post is the shopping cart had 3 working wheels.

Sorry if your precious emersion got ruined by what you thought was a plot hole.. Go read some autistic sci-fi instead
>>
>>8227313
>>8227314
>Time between posts.

Nice try autist
>>
>>8227319

Of course his fans know everything there is to know about tortillas.
>>
Post songs that come to mind when you think of Blood Meridian

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXclCjvB_o
>>
remember when we liked him.
no you probably don't because your new.
time Flys
>>
>>8227236
There are no tortillas in The Road
>>
It's quite obvious that the posts are almost entirely done by one guy, and occasionally impressionable memers take it up and post too. But the bulk is done by one bald moron
>>
>>8227408
>didn't read the spanish translation
>>
you were probably standing in a location adjacent to where I was going toward, old dude
chill out
>>
>>8227126
the road fucking sucked
>>
>>8227431
lmao How do you know he's bald?
>>
>>8227435
because he made a youtube video of him trying to make /lit/ like him by saying memes about Blood Meridian
>>
>>8227444
oh
is he fat?
link?
>>
File: Mc.jpg (14 KB, 210x350) Image search: [Google]
Mc.jpg
14 KB, 210x350
Why did you turn me on?
>>
>>8227444
hey I'm that YouTube guy and I actually never write bad about corncob.suttree is one of my favorite books and I've read almost all of his work actually. haven't read child of god yet. I made that video using a lot of the shit McCarthy haters say. because it's funny to me. so yeah. it's not me btw. I'm also not bald you cunt. low camera angles make it harder to see the top of my head dumb dumb lol
>>
>>8227450
lmao no I'm not fat. everyone's gotta stop linking to that video. I see it once a week now.
>>
>>8227455
Cormac McCutie
>>
File: Kelly_JS0062.jpg (31 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Kelly_JS0062.jpg
31 KB, 300x450
>>8227455
>>
Outer Dark's first draft had Culla's son, now an alcoholic tortilla salesman, confront his father for abandoning him in the woods.

What a novel. I like how the three bad men represent the evil in man's soul, and how Culla meets death on the road, who lets him pass, because man does death's work for him... really makes you think.
>>
>>8227460
>getting this triggered by one anon's comments

Why would you ever make a youtube video and post it here if you can't handle internet chiding
>>
>>8227467
Are you /fit/ m8?
>>
>>8227494
oh I'm fine lol. I just don't want to be blamed for making fun of corncob here. it's not me guys. not me.
>>
corncobbers are so pathetic lol

whats the matter, upset you'll never get to suck on yecarthy's shrivelled nutsack?
>>
>>8227502
I'm trying to be. been working out for a bit lel
>>
>>8227492
Outer Dark was a damn good novel.
I don't know how much of your post is just memeing, but it left me wondering why the brother, who met misfortune at every turn, was the first to find the son instead of the sister, who was met with benevolence at every turn, even though she left before the brother.

The kindness that motivated her to move first was outpaced by the evil that motivated him.

It alludes to the title, Outer Dark, which is name-dropped several times in the novel, seems to allude to the fact that no matter how fast light moves, darkness is there first.
I hope I didn't make that sound too cheesy.
>>
>>8227510
godspeed shitposter
>>
>>8227300
>implying Southerners outside the gentility, especially adolescent males and uncomplicated frontiersman, didn't do this all the time
>implying they don't still do it

It's pretty good characterization t b q h.
>>
>>8227491
biopic when
>>
>>8227126
Pa. Why are eggs breakfast?

What.

You can put bacon on lunch.

Ye.

But if you put eggs on stuff it becomes breakfast?

The man spat and said the eggs are not for this world or from this world they come from the chicken but the chicken knows it not.

He wiped his chin and spat.
>>
In the last year alone, the number of shitposts on /lit/ has multiplied.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.