[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who did it better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: l.jpg (30 KB, 506x400) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
30 KB, 506x400
What's the best bible translation? I got some NVR edition, good for joints, not much else.
>>
KJV or nothing
>>
>>8226599
retard spotted.
KJV is fine but ESV and NLT are both great (on opposite ends of the hand-holding spectrum)
>>
>>8226585
Why read translations when you can read the original one as it was written by the Lord Jesus Christ himself? KJV is the answer.
>>
>>8226616
For a bunch of supposed literates you people lack a vocabulary for disagreeing civilly.
>>
File: 1371289140072.jpg (4 KB, 176x160) Image search: [Google]
1371289140072.jpg
4 KB, 176x160
>>8226616
>>8226628

Yeah Anon, that really hurt my feelings. I actually don't have learning disabilities and the R-word is very offensive.

You should think about the person on the other side of the screen.
>>
>>8226616
Which one of those two is on what side of the handholding spectrum?
>>
>>8226585
Get the NRSV. Very scholarly. I recommend the HarperCollins one.
>>
>>8226784
Would you pick Harper Collins over Oxford, and why? They're both based on the NRSV.
>>
>>8226599
/thread
>>
>>8226667
>the R-word
Not him, but die in a fire.
>>
>>8226585
only the KJV has literate qualities. it is the foundation of a lot of english literature.

the rest are just bible for juniors and stupid americans

it's just a made up bunch of shit anyway so you might as well get one that is fun to read
>>
oxford annotated bible/nrsv
kjv is a meme for wannabe reactionaries
>>
>>8228823
>kjv is a meme for wannabe reactionaries

"No."
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.