[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I read stories about some old fu*ks drinking wine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Socrates_Louvre.jpg (154 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Socrates_Louvre.jpg
154 KB, 600x800
Why should I read stories about some old fu*ks drinking wine and talking about nonexistent gods before reading anything else? Western thinking is a mess and /lit/ memes are the worst.
>>
they were smarter than you'll ever be you dummy
>>
Begin with the Bible
>>
all the shit about the gods is a metaphor for humanity, dumbass. and the wine-drinking is just a frame story for the discussions
>>
>>8226544
If that's all you get out of the greeks, reading isn't for you. Go shitpost on /mu/
>>
Why shouldn't you? You got something better to do? No? Then shut the fuck up and get back to reading, cunt.
>>
>>8226544
They don't always talk about the gods and even when they still do, it's not bad.
Plato write his texts such a way that you start thinking. If you aren't agreeing on something, great, Plato did what he was supposed to do.
BTFO philosophy you pleb, if you can't start with these, how will you be able to smell the farts of the masters you faggot
>>
>>8228395

>implying Plato wasn't dogmatic as hell

Keep up the good work in Phil 101 though!
>>
>>8227367
Why /mu/?
>>
>>8228481

who the fuck uses the word dogmatic after 9th grade

>implying the person who discovered and then solved the problem of universals within his lifetime doesn't have every right to shit on the face of sophism
>implying the all time goat philosophy partnership isn't stylin 24/7 in heaven on democritus
>implying that you probably think the republic is 'problematic'
>>
>>8228500
>who the fuck uses the word dogmatic after 9th grade
Most people who use the word dogmatic.
>>
>>8228494
Somewhat recent influx of /mu/fags is the newest thing contributing to the general shitting up of the board, aside from /pol/. But /pol/ posters are much more obvious.
>>
>>8228481
Plato was one of the earliest pedagogues, and certainly had the ability to satirize
>>
>>8226544
what are some good philosophy books that aren't based on christianity ?
>>
>>8228695
All of them
>>
>>8226544
>some old fu*ks drinking wine and talking about nonexistent gods

pretty good description of the catholic mass
>>
>>8226544
Try to read the sub-saharan African canon instead.
It's much better.
>>
>>8228695
dao de jing, zhuangzi
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.