[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else feel bad for him? He got to be in the Simpsons, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: pynchon2.jpg (45 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
pynchon2.jpg
45 KB, 500x293
Anyone else feel bad for him? He got to be in the Simpsons, but it was the shit era Simpsons
>>
>>8226453
>Anyone else feel bad for him? He got to be an acclaimed literature writer, but it was the shit era literature
>>
>>8226453
I'm still unsure whether he voiced the 'gravity's rainbow cookbook' or the 'reclusive author' scene. Or was it both?
>>
File: pinecone.jpg (57 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
pinecone.jpg
57 KB, 600x800
> A decade later, he consented to appear on The Simpsons—mainly, he said, because his son was a fan. Showrunner Al Jean remembers a casual, mustachioed figure, son and wife in tow. They discussed private schools and kitchen renovations. Pynchon politely declined a photo-op: “I don’t usually take pictures.” He appeared twice during the show’s run, wearing a paper bag. The first time he didn’t alter a word, but for his second cameo he threw in a bonus pun: “The Frying of Latke 49.”
>>
>>8226505
jesus christ, the state of his handwriting is shite
>>
>>8226587
Post yours then.
>>
>>8226505
To which Homer is he referring?
>>
Yeah, I feel reaaal bad for the famous author who's critically revered and also a millionaire and from one of the wealthy American families who like came over on the god damn Mayflower, and has also had sex with a woman, I'm weeping for him.
>>
Pynchon is almost certainly my favorite writer, because what I enjoy most in books are goofs, gags, jokes, pranks, and rambunctious behavior, and his novels are full to the brim (so to speak) with these. Every novel somewhat resembles one of those novelty snake-cans: you open the book --- and POP! your face is instantly bombarded by rubber snakes, and you fall back to the floor, cackling. "The mad mind!" you think, "The genius, to do it!" and then you think, "Hm, what will he do next, this trickster?" And you pick the book back up from where you dropped it upon the floor after being besieged by the heinously hilarious rubber snakes and --- BZZZZZZZ! You get a shock! Hahahaha! You've been pranked by the old "Pynch-meister" (as they used to say in Uni), that "card"! "Did that pinch?" he asks, chortling childishly and excessively. Observe him carefully in his state of nature as he inserts a pair of plastic "buck-teeth" into his mouth and politely displays them to you. "Do you like these?" he charismatically asks you, eyes a-twinkling. "Do I look handsome?" He pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" and he places a hand to his naughty mouth, and you have fell to the floor with laughter again as he snaps his suspenders and exits stage-right, then appears again, hauling a large and golden gong.
>>
>>8228498

>resembles one of those novelty snake-cans: you open the book --- and POP! your face is instantly bombarded by rubber snakes, and you fall back to the floor, cackling.

lol reminds me of Sterne.
>>
>>8228402
>and has also had sex with a woman
Dude it's not that hard. Just start lifting and being confident and take care of your appearance and change your personality. Just be yourself basically.
>>
>>8228562
Or . . . ?
>>
>>8228572
what did he mean by this
>>
>>8228344
shut up faggot
>>
File: 1464427912899.jpg (166 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1464427912899.jpg
166 KB, 1920x1080
>>8228498
In my 4chan headcanon Pynchon actually writes these posts
>>
>>8228498
Pynchon’s my favorite writer for sure, because my favorite thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are filled to the brim with this. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book and POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! And then you think “hmmm what’s he gonna do next, this trickster” and you pick the book back up and BZZZZ you get a shock and “hahahaha” you've been pranked again by the old Pynchmeister, that card. “Did that Pynch?” he says, laughing “yukyukyukyuk”. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up his mouth and displays em for you – left, right, center – “You like these? Do I look handsome?” Pulls out a mirror. “Ah!” Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and reappears hauling a huge golden gong.
>>
>>8226587
When is good handwriting an actually useful skill
>>
>>8228980
When you're a secretary in the 1800s
>>
>>8228562
> and change your personality
> just be yourself basically
> change your personality

Had a gentle kek. Well played.
>>
>>8228498
I know you're taking the piss but this is exactly why I enjoy Pynchon.
>>
>>8228980
taking notes in class
>>
>>8229101
but if you can read your own messy handwriting why does it actually matter

and you shouldn't be giving your teacher anything handwritten anyway, it should all be typed
>>
>>8229101
>Not typing your notes in class

really meng?
>>
>>8228498
I always lose it a the huge golden gong
>>
>>8226587
It's almsot identical to mine, lel.
>>
>>8228962
this is the superior version, have a (You)
>>
>>8226453
>>8226453
his first appearance wasn't shit era
>>
i wonder if any celebrities have the self-respect to say 'no, fuck off, the show sucks nowadays'
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 557x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 557x361
>>8226505
Any one have the dvd commentaries for these episodes handy? I know at least his first appearance in season like 13 or 14 has to be out by now.

Some one rip the parts where they talk about him/working with him or at least transcribe. I'm really interested but not enough to hunt down the isos for those shitty seasons and sift them.
>>
>>8228402
lol

He's also married to like the queenpin of the ny publishing world. I wonder how many girls he's kissed; less than 12 more than 4 is a safe bet
>>
>>8229475
I agree, it's got some speed to it, which the other one doesn't.
>>
>>8230346
Its still not the original tho
>>
I saw Thomas Pynchon a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?" I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw Pynchon trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started SCANNING it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
>>8230375
I should know.
>>
Where should I start with Pynchon?
>>
>>8230968
V.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.