[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody read Columbine by David Cullen? Thoughts on the book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
Anybody read Columbine by David Cullen? Thoughts on the book? The biggest discovery I made reading the book was Columbine intended to be a bombing and not a shooting. Estimates of more than 500 dead if the bombs did go off. The book draws comparisons to In Cold Blood by Capote.
>>
>>8226311
Didn't they try to go for McVeigh's high score deliberately?
>>
Yes, they did. In memory of the Timothy McVeigh bombing, they decided to do the bombing on April 19th. Due to issues with ammo, they decided to wait one more day until they carried out the attack.
>>
File: 41R+1sIDFyL.jpg (20 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
41R+1sIDFyL.jpg
20 KB, 333x500
Book cover for those interested.
>>
>>8226369
Hitler's birthday isn't bad either I guess.

I wish they didn't destroy the tapes of those boys.
>>
>>8226311
Cullen's work on Columbine is discredited. If he's correct on anything, it's by coincidencd
>>
>>8226386

The book disproves the Hitler's birthday parallel. Neither boy was really in to Nazism. The media got a lot of facts wrong, but what we first hear is what stays with us. I wish the police didn't destroy the tapes either. I imagine they did it to protect the killers' families.
>>
>>8226398
Could you give me a source? I would like to know more about the truth behind Columbine. I know Cullen was forcing a hard narrative, but I don't see why his facts would be wrong.
>>
>>8226406
Or because they made some enticing points that might inspire people.
>>
>>8226520
The columbine effect may have some merit. I haven't looked in to it. Interesting fact, both Eric and Dylan were cremated to prevent desecration of the graves.
>>
Would you recommend it, OP? Is it the definitive work on the subject?
>>
man Dylan and Eric were such faggots. I wish I was older and went to their school. I would have called them gay. kids can't do anything right.

"hey nice hair you fucking faggot. why don't you go cry into your video camera you homos." then slam Eric into a locker and stare straight into his eyes and hold him there till he looks away. walk away laughing my ass off.
>>
>>8226779
you'd be the wheelchaired cunt crying about bullets in his spine with the fat family guy documentary maker next tough guy
>>
>>8226791
no actually I wouldn't because those retards never actually killed a single kid that made fun of them.
>>
I read that book during a Saturday detention for accumulated truancies the last weekend of high school glad I did
>>
>>8226374
>nyt best seller
dropped
>>
>>8226779
Haha, yeah 0wn thos3 fagg0ts ROFL

Lmao in real IRL at their faces
>>
>>8226398
This so much. He's a hack.
>>
>>8226718
It goes pretty in depth. A lot of the first reports about what happened in Columbine were false. Cullen's book separates the facts from the false assumptions. Eric and Dylan were not bullied. Eric was a psychopath (lacked empathy for others) who liked to show his dominance over others. Dylan suffered from depression. He hated himself and just wanted others to love him. Dylan and Eric were almost complete opposites. Eric was one of the more popular students who could easily get girls. Dylan was more shy and would keep to himself more. The most common word in Eric's journal was hate, for Dylan the most common was love. Just small facts you learn from reading this book which undoes all of the false reporting the media did.
>>
The whole event was supposed to happen in 3 acts.

Act 1: The bombs go off in the cafeteria and the cafeteria roof collapses and 500 are dead instantly.

Act 2: The survivors run from the school. Dylan and Eric are outside in the parking lot with their guns. In the midst of the chaos, they mow down any survivors leaving the school.

Act 3: Both of the boys did not plan to see this part. After the first respondents and the media come to the school, the bombs in their cars go off. Killing anybody near the parking lot.

This would of topped any terrorist event in American History.
>>
>>8226520
If anything their actual words juts make them out to be losers, the media mystique that Cullen/other good reporters have disproven has done a lot of harm imo.
>>
The most fucked up thing is how relatively open they were about wanting to kill people, they were even almost arrested for vandalism/stealing (forget the details, read a while ago) and no one cared or noticed their kids were beyond normal fucked up angsty teens.
Not that much has been learned, you still have mass shooters talking about it and no one thinks they're serious or the literal every day (multiple times a day, in the US) murder of usually a woman by her partner who had been abusing her and everyone acts shocked it went that far.

And because of misreporting every quiet shy kid who wore black was eyed as a potential school shooter, never mind the people openly displaying signs of psychopathy.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.