[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Books you shouldn't read in public
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 225x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 225x346
ITT: Books you shouldn't read in public
>>
>>8226037
my diary desu
>>
>>8226037
anything politically subsersive because the thought police will get you to be honest family
>>
>>8226037
just use an ereader
>>
I read Lolita in public. At one point an elderly woman asked me what I was reading. When I told her she gave me kind of an odd look at first, but then said "that's a classic, right" and I said "yeah" and she walked away.
>>
File: 179033.jpg (32 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
179033.jpg
32 KB, 309x475
>>8226037
Why post Lolita, every pseud reads that, its a universally loved and accepted.

On the subways in Queens and NYC proper, I can say my worst experiences reading in public stem from Ayn Rand (obnoxious disciples and autistic leftists will both confront you) and anything regarding Catholicism or Historical-Critical Religious studies, which basically guarantee older latin and black women and subway pastors will stop to call you a heretic or engage you in unlearned conversation.

Also, was reading pic related before my wedding and had a massive panic attack from his wife's rejection of him vis a vis his leprosy, so that sucked too.
>>
>>8226116
Also, look at some of these douches.

https://www.instagram.com/hotdudesreading/?hl=en
>>
any book thats just a meme. i.e. all fantasy/sci-fi/romance/comdedy/erotica(excluding renaissance erotica)/thrillers/crime and especially auto-biografies are the sheitest-tier meme books
>>
>>8226123
Wow there's me
>>
>>8226037
I read an illustrated version of Casanova's Memoirs on the subway.
I bought it in a thrift store, since I expected it would be something adventurous like The Count of Monte Christo/Don Juan.

Oh boy was I wrong.
>>
>>8226110
What did you get from fabricating such a pointless lie?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.