[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Describe the plot of the story you are writing in greentext
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: youngmars.jpg (23 KB, 400x304) Image search: [Google]
youngmars.jpg
23 KB, 400x304
>>
>planet is doomed
>selected humans are welcomed on board of the ship of a benefactor, which will travel to a new planet
>benefactor is a mix between dr strangelol and fantômas, who has a crew of wacky characters
>candidates to recreate human race are not so perfect themselves
>hilarity and absurdism ensues

see it as some loveboat movie written by ionesco
>>
part 1

>P picks me up for roadtrip
>she's on peyote
>i can't drive
>jesustakethewheel.jpg
>make it to the city
>throw illegal party on rooftop
>P seems like shes about to jump
>everyone is too busy trying to open a wine bottle without a corkscrew to notice
>tackle her
>ruin party by saving her life
>go home
>my gf thinks i banged P
>too tired to argue

part 2

>be me five years later
>receive mail
>read note
>P's dead
>tells me to find some kid and make sure he's alright
>ok whatever
>go to st. petersburg, it's a shithole
>not there
>go to belgrade, it's a shithole
>not there either
>go to willemstaad
>get into fight
>wake up with hangover
>not sure whether i actually blinded someone or not
>find kid
>he's a smug asshole drinking beer on a porch
>throw him through the porch railing and steal his beer
>go home
>>
>>8225571
>be me
>not enjoing science and education that much
>going to convent school because paps is all about that monk life
>meet cool dude who is a fucking genius
>tells me that my place is not ment to be here
>run away from school to enjoy life
>take a nap
>wake up on the lap of a bitch
>fuck that bitch
>travel around the country and fuck several bitches
>meet a knight, who provides me shelter and food, if I help him to write a book
>have the urge to fuck his daughters
>older daughter is totally in to me but does not want to fuck
>lay in bed with older daughter
>suddenly younger qt3.14 daughter enters room
>ohshit.jpg
>try to engage threesome
>young daughter totally wants the D
>older daughter is a bitch and tells dad
>tfw sent out in the wilderness again
>>
>archivist gets job in small university town
>obsessed with keeping memory of the past alive
>the memory and knowledge of the locals is inconsistent with the records in the archives
>the archivist begins to see the living history both in the locals account and the account of the archive, simultaneously, schizophrenic in effect
>burns the archive to the ground
>>
>man buys a boat
>women sells a cunt
>robot tells lie
>in the end it turns out marxism is a farce
>>
>>8225713
sounds pretty familiar
>>
>>8225721
Never read it, I'll give it a go

Won't be too dissapointed if it's been done before
>>
>Man is sent to a space station by a shadowy government organization.
>Ends up fucking qt robot girls who man or may may not be making unauthorized changes to their own programing.

$1.00 on Amazon!
>>
>>8225571
>alien lands in the old west
>recruits gunslinger to carry out its deeds
>three cowboys get roped into trying to kill both or at least save as many innocent lives as possible until the army arrives from the east

the story is from the point of view of the cowardly middle cowboy who lacks the bravery of the elder cowboy and the recklessness of the younger and wants to run but feels compelled to stay

i don't know if it should be a novel or a screenplay. probably the latter but i feel like a lot of the protagonist's insight will be lost.
>>
File: Russian Hunter.jpg (394 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Russian Hunter.jpg
394 KB, 1000x500
>>8225571
>Three main characters

>The First one thinks she's in a resistance novel or movie, I.E Hunger games, Red Dawn and wrongly believes she's in a YA novel.

>The second ones thinks she's in a suspense/ thriller about her own escape for freedom, Another form of a YA novel.

>The Third and final Main character knows what's really happening but due to the political nature of the world and due to his own past traumatic experience he silently follows a role akin to old cold war propaganda movie.

>Thinking of making the novel the a first person narrative for the First two main character while third person for the Third.

Could it work /lit/?
>>
>tfw plotline is too complex to greentext
>>
>300 years in the future
>Humanity has terraformed the other planets in the solar system
>The moon is the best intersolar college
>Jupiter is the seat of power
>Uranus has been renamed "Progress" and is an SJW "paradise"
>The protagonist is a twenty something male searching for knowledge/truth/meaning/philosophy/whatever
>His favorite professor tells him to go on a "Grand Tour", and explore the solar system
>The book is his adventures and conversations
>p.s. Its an excuse for me to mix genre fiction with philosophy
>>
>it doesn't have one
>>
>>8225713
that's not schizophrenic dummy
>>
>>8225997
>still implying genre fiction can't be good
When will this meme die?
>>
>Story

Worst of the literary spooks
>>
>Its a Young Adult fantasy novel
>Main Character has to defeat the Evil Wizard Hegel
>First, he has to learn the power of Da-Sein, by defeating Descarte into a duel
>His companions are Schopenhauer and Nietzsche, so there is no romance whatsoever.
>>
File: Come and See photo op.png (2 MB, 1435x1073) Image search: [Google]
Come and See photo op.png
2 MB, 1435x1073
>>8225571
>implying this can translate into greentext
>alternate history 1990s, Soviet Union
>for years, the world has been engulfed in a nightmarish nuclear war of attrition between NATO and USSR, a conflict that has already claimed millions
>protagonist is a young, corrupt and cynical senior operative of a fictional Soviet KGB Directorate based on Waffen-SS
>is enhanced through the use of disgusting black market bio-augmentation technology
>is crippled, physically and mentally by the events of a failed Soviet military coup that he had to put down (with inhuman brutality) in Moscow 3 years back
>for his questionable actions, our protagonist has been kicked upstairs, trapped deep behind Soviet lines, in a mysterious "closed city" beyond the Soviet Arctic Circle
>his much-despised family, part of the Soviet military and scientific royalty, has deep ties with the city - especially his long-disappeared sister, a scientific genius and a pacifist, with whom he had a very troubled relationship
>it is here that he will become entangled in yet another bloody rebellion, learn about the dark events that have derailed history and succumb to own his primeval impulses
>betrayal, black humor, heinleinesque militarism, war crimes, ultraviolence, sex, gore, drug abuse, true camaraderie and love between unlikely partners is what follows
>>
>A hitman is called to carry out a hit
>He discovers, to his surprise, that his client wants to die rather than have someone else killed.
>The client explains that he has begun seeing strange streaks of light, and that recently these lights have begun fixing themselves to a point in the far distance.
>The hitman is weirded out by all of this but listens patiently anyway.
>The client explains that the point where the light has collected around is beginning to get closer and that there is something inexplicably and absolutely *wrong* in the center.
>The hitman asks if his client has done anything to try and get his mysterious visions to go away.
>His client removes the sunglasses he's wearing to reveal that he's dug his own eyes out.
>"I can still see." He says calmly.
>The hitman shoots him.
>>
>>8225571
>college aged NEET has to go get his little sister during riot
>Things keep escalating extremely fast
>Soon there is a US Conspiracy
>Then Reptilians
>Then Alien
>Then Divine Beings
>Then dimensions higher than our
>He constantly fucks everything up
>Has a mentally retarded sidekick

>Ben Garrison makes an appearance
>>
>>8226486
would read
>>
>>8225571

Actually don't have one unless you count barebones, so here goes It is shitty fantasy pulp though

>Be knight
>Have god-tier sword
>Go through forest
>Kill bat-babies
>Find spirit
>Kill/escape it
>Find victim of spirit
>Decide to take her home
>Find cabin
>Old dude in it
>Lets me in
>?
>Old man turns out to have put girl in woods as bait
>?
>end with knight leaving

Anyone mind helping me fill the gaps?
>>
File: ❤worm.png (65 KB, 249x309) Image search: [Google]
❤worm.png
65 KB, 249x309
>Plot A is Thelma and Louise
>Plot B is The Fugitive and it thinks Plot A is actually The Blob
>Plot C is Inside Out crossed with Suicide Kings without the inside men (from both movies even) and faked kidnapping and with a lot more sexual tension
Pic heavily related to literally every plotline
>>
File: 6956583-fantasy-flying-whales.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6956583-fantasy-flying-whales.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>8225571
>Girl has dreams
>dream are ways to travel to a different dimension
>magic everywhere
>flying whales, automatic cities, living mountains, fields of singing flowers
>she is a princess in this world
>roadtrip across a magic realm with a giant dog, a flying boy, an etereal shadow

Inspired by paintings and paintings I found online.

Its a series, about 4 pages a day. It pretty much writtes itself
>>
>A writer looking for ideas
>Can't come up with one so he creates a thread for ideas
>he sees one idea who is good
>make a book out of it
>????
>profit

I'm making that story now. Where the OP did not contribute on his post.
>>
>>8225571

>ITT: a bunch of desperate loners are tricked into giving up their plots just to massage their own egos.
>>
>>8226445
Sounds interesting. Please just don't be >muuuh murrriiican type nonsense propoganda Soviet. I wish you folks could live in Soviets just to experience it a bit.
>>
>>8226707
stealing a plot nor characters nor setting would rob the ''victim" from still publishing that work. you'd have to actually steal a script to do any damage. stop acting underage
>>
a conflicted man in his late twenties literally cannot stop fucking fat chicks.
>>
>Humanity gone from disease.
>Gods of antiquity and ancient times return.
>tfw no human worshippers
>tfw humans did cool shit without your help
>Tfw the other gods are all dicks and start fighting over shit.
>Tfw your powers are determined by the amount of shitty human texts on you that exist
>>
>>8226380
>want to write genre fiction
>somehow this implies that genre fiction isn't good
I was looking for thoughts/critiques
>>
>>8225571
>A reprobate with no direction, order, lives a life of profligacy and hedonism
>event occurs
>discovers the virtues of discipline
>finds himself to be more free, more satisfied, and fulfilled than when he lived as a hedonist.

Hopefully it won't seem so obviously didactic as that. But I think it's a story worth telling. It's something I've experienced in my life. And I'm not sure I've seen much of it in literature. It hit me after reading the Karamazov brothers, and I think my main character will be similar to dimity, impetuous, misguided, etc.
>>
>hedonistic military chick repeatedly cucks a beta would-be-school-shooter until the kid loses his shit and becomes murderous Sephiroth-clone with a guro fetish
>>
>be everything
>unable to control yourself because you're too complicated
>frustrated you lament your pain
>>
>>8227566
>And I'm not sure I've seen much of it in literature

you don't read nearly enough.
>>
>>8227809
Post some examples then faggot
>>
>>8227814
Diary of a Seducer and Henry IV comes to mind as the archetypal examples, along with the flurry of anti-decadent russian literature in the 19th. it's rather trite by now.
>>
>20 year old girl talking about the memories she and her boyfriend of 4 years have together
>cut abruptly to their breakup in his car in a parking lot
>spends the next 200 pages being alone, walking around her city, arguing with her stupid roommates, dealing with a stalker redditor type

Basically I'm just writing Book of Disquiet: 2014 Angst Edition.
>>
>>8227872
>stalker redditor type

I'd buy this.
>>
>>8227872
this sounds good
>>
File: original.gif (1 MB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
1 MB, 720x544
>guy lives in sort of revolutionary France setting where people are cursed to turn into monsters if they live for too long beyond thirty
>becomes manservant to MILF clergywoman who euthanises old people before they eat their families
>sexual frustration and Oedipal stuff follows
>>
File: Hummingbird.png (3 MB, 1917x793) Image search: [Google]
Hummingbird.png
3 MB, 1917x793
>>8226710
I was born and raised in Russia. If an American tried to write something like this, it would look like Metal Gear Solid at best in terms of not being fucking incomprehensible gibberish.
Writing for a Russian audience has advantages: those here that can read have few illusions about how the world actually works, you don't have to put on a show by pretending there is "good" or "evil", or any kind of a moral high ground for anyone. Also, no qualms about overt sexuality, atheism or violence.
>>
>>8226681
>>8227204
>implying you can write
Let's see your first paragraph and cringe together.
>>
>>8226707
Anyone who is so creatively sterile as to try and steal other people's plots will never write anything of note; even if he gets half a complete rough draft, he will inevitably turn it into unreadable dysentery through his own incompetence.
>>
>>8228206
faggot
>>
>>8228293
Was that narration or a part of character dialogue? You'll have to elaborate, there's not enough to go on for a diagnosis.
>>
>>8225571
I'm not writing a book because I'm no an egocentric jackass who thinks he has ideas that everyone needs to hear.
>>
>>8228326
>year of our lord 2016
>not being completely egocentric
>>
>>8228311
It is an absurd grotesque tragic comedy novel screenscript named Faggot where character actively seeks means to dehumanize himself and ascend nature via writing an magna opus of high literature but ends up writing the very famous fantasy fiction. In the end he forgives himself and tries to forgot his past.
>>
File: 1352340560292.jpg (29 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1352340560292.jpg
29 KB, 500x333
>>8225571
It's a screenplay but whatever. Original content DO NOT STEAL
>Smart chick gets hired for engineering job on Mars
>Goes to Mars
>Get asked to help with a secret recovery mission by her company
>Goes to secret lab in the middle of buttfuck nowhere
>Aww, shit what happened here?
>Cyber zombies fucking everywhere
>Smart chick gets dragged off and has her arms cut off, replaced with robo-arms
>Gets free and finds friends, they're mostly dead
>Go to blow up the lab but find computer-brain that's taken over the lab, talks through corpse-puppet of smart chick's dead friend
>Smart chick says fuck it, blows up nuclear reactor
>She escapes onto planet surface and gets far enough away to avoid the explosion
>Wanders the Martian desert for a while as her robo arms begin to break down...
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.