[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thrillers that are actually very good. I'd say Red Dragon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1466606390818.jpg (518 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1466606390818.jpg
518 KB, 1920x1200
Thrillers that are actually very good. I'd say Red Dragon, Silence of The Lambs and Hannibal.

Any other good recommendations?
>>
>>8225116

Or any crime recommendations? Books which you'd assume were shit but then somehow aren't?
>>
I'm reading "Depraved
the shocking true story of America's first serial killer"

So far it's not too boring. It's started to get good and it's just the beginning.

This "pharmacist" had relocated to Chicago, built a 3 story sprawling building that became known as "the castle." It was essentially designed as a fun house of confusing hallways, traps, and a cellar with things like a stretching rack, surgical implements and he had built a kiln that was perfectly sized for human bodies.

I just loved this detail because it would never occur to me to build a place, in a public place no less, that is designed as a human trap and torture playhouse. Some of the rooms were asbestos lined sound proofed, others were completely lined with sheet metal. He had a valve in his room to control the flow of natural gas into rooms. There were hidden shoots that went directly to the basement cellar. Ostensibly most of the rooms were simply furnished rooms for rent.

It made me think of The Cabinet of Dr Caligari that emphasized odd angles and hypnosis as methods of control. Fun!
>>
>>8225184
Sounds like The Devil in White City?
>>
>>8226136
not >>8225184 but it's the same killer, just TDiWC focuses on the trade fair also going on at the same time as Holmes' hotel to a reasonable extent.

>>8225116
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold - LeCarre
The Interpretation of Murder, and Death Instinct- Rubenfeld
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.