[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get in here if you're read any/all of My Struggle. Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
Get in here if you're read any/all of My Struggle.
Thoughts?

>Norwegian Proust
>>
>>8223323
my god why would someone read all of it it's like 3000+ pages
why would anyone even finish volume 1
>>
>>8223323
i just started the second book; the scene where he's at the baby song event with his daughter and all he can think about is fucking the instructor is p funny

not sure if i'm going to read all six of them though
>>
i was super into 'the birthday party' excerpt that i read in some article. he's really clear and eloquent, thoughtful and detailed about each specific wandering of the mind, all the little biases, and without going into the realm of joycean stream of consciousness.

i liked the bit where he talked about modern food trends. kids eating couscous and salad while unhappy, whereas they could be happy and eat chicken and cake. thought of it as a little parallel of stem and humanities, though him and i have obvious bias towards the latter. the rigorously numerical and calculated approach toward food is better for you, but is there a point in living long if you don't enjoy it? you can die at 25 if you only eat shit, but i like that knaussgaard gets this idea of food moderation. sorry for the rambling, but i like it, and hope to pick up vol 1 in its entirety when i finish blood meridian. btw i work in fine dining catering, so that aspect of his voice gave me a hardon.
>>
yeah, read all five that have been translated into english, really enjoyed them all
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.