[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What popcorn fiction do you guys enjoy when you wanna just distract
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1466920890189.png (71 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1466920890189.png
71 KB, 500x545
What popcorn fiction do you guys enjoy when you wanna just distract yourself? I'm talking Rowling, GRRM, Tolkien, Gay-man levels of complexity, not necessarily quality
>>
Tolkein isn't popcorn fiction you fucking retard.

And to answer you question, Six of Crows and the Cinder series are great.
>>
Children's books honestly.

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret,
Little house in the Big Woods,

etc

also cute and comfy family/ coming of age novels written by women.
>>
A Song of Ice and Fire, senpai. It really does have great characters.
>>
>>8222487

whoops, i just saw you already mentioned Gurm, disregard this
>>
>>8222467
tried so hard to read six of crows and it was just plain bad. like a fucking gifted and talented 8 grader wrote it jesus my jimmies

A darker Shade of Magic by
V.E. Schwab was pretty good but man
fuck YA i'd rather just watch anime
>>
File: 1465527139819.jpg (2 MB, 5103x3176) Image search: [Google]
1465527139819.jpg
2 MB, 5103x3176
>>8222368
I just read good authors writing about comfy things, like the childhood section of Portrait or large portions of Moby Dick. Steinbeck writes incredibly comfy stuff, try East of Eden.
>>
>>8222467
>Tolkein isn't popcorn fiction
for you
>>
Female protagonist urban fantasy. I like the romance, but don't want to read a full blown romance novel, so that's usually the closest I can get.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.