[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Misanthropic fiction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Pieter_Bruegel_d._%C3%84._035.jpg (385 KB, 2536x2505) Image search: [Google]
Pieter_Bruegel_d._%C3%84._035.jpg
385 KB, 2536x2505
Misanthropic fiction?
>>
>>8221352
>"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death"
>>
>>8221352
I'm reading recently Whatever by Houellebecq and it's quite fitting.
>>
>>8221352
Most of American lit, including everything by Gaddis, Gass, and Coover.
>>
>>8221352
Henry Miller
>>
>>8221390
devilish

>>8221398
Sounds interesting enough, plus it would give me an opportunity to further my French.

>>8221424
Where do I start? I'll admit, aside from perhaps Steinbeck I haven't read much American literature.
>>
>>8221436
The Devil is God's Sheriff
>>
>>8221460
>Man's active nature, flagging, seeks too soon the level;
>Unqualified repose he learns to crave;
>Whence, willingly, the comrade him I gave,
>Who works, excites, and must create, as Devil.
>>
Johnathan Swift
>>
Les Chants de Maldoror
>>
Fantazius Mallare
>>
why this nigga in a globe
>>
Le désespéré - Bloy
À rebours - Huysmans
>>
>>8221352
Gone Girl is surprisingly well written and filled with fun cynical opinions about people
>>
>>8221605
Sounds interesting. I love finding obscure titles that deal with misanthropy, occultism, existential themes, or in someway subvert natural law/reason.

I don't take them to heart, but they make me feel pretty naughty.
>>
File: me.jpg (51 KB, 511x402) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
51 KB, 511x402
>>8221352
if you really want to hate people try non-fiction
>>
Céline - Journey to the End of the Night
>>
Notes from the underground
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.