[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sites like Shmoop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Peasant.jpg (118 KB, 668x623) Image search: [Google]
Peasant.jpg
118 KB, 668x623
Hey, /lit/, I want to get the most out of my books, but I'm not /professor/ enough to read old (and relatively new) literature without missing some important details and a lot of historical context. Are sites like Shmoop good for people trying to learn, or just for high-school students on the verge of failing? Are there sites out there better than it that'd you recommend? Any help appreciated, pic very related.
>>
>>8221102
sparknotes can give you some idea with its analysis and motifs etc. of what are the main ideas the author is trying to convey, but if you wana go deeper you have to get a specific book guide
>>
>>8221102
but i dont personally support the idea that you should get just read some guide and be done with it, you should try to think yourself what the book is trying to say/ describe and maybe you can also write your ideas down to organize them and so on
>>
Read Shmoop after you finish the book.
Though I've found it highly effective for post-modern literature like Ulysses and Ezra Pound's poetry.
>>
>>8221423
Yeah that's something I try to avoid, I don't want something to tell me all the "answers" or tell me what something means, just to highlight the clues and historical context so I can tell myself what I think it means.
>>
>>8221440
>post-modern literature like Ulysses and Ezra Pound's poetry.
wew lad
>>
>>8221440
>post-modern literature like Ulysses and Ezra Pound's poetry.
Mate...
>>
>>8221458
>>8221506
On /lit/, there's always people falling for it.
>>
>>8221458
>>8221506

OOOOOHHH SHIIIIIIEEEEET HE DUN DID IT NAW CLETUS
>>
>>8221102
I like schmoops.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.