[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, say I really like the stranger by Albert Camus. The story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
So, say I really like the stranger by Albert Camus. The story itself was a bit dry and bland while I was reading it, but for some reason it really stuck with me. If I was looking for something that has that sort of shock wave of intellectual effect in your brain, but was also more engaging to read, what would you recommend? And you don't have to say it, I confess to being a pseudo intellectual.
>>
>>8219779
>I confess to being a pseudo intellectual

It shows.

If you want a real brainfuck and insight into the truth of things, read these:

>Mein Kampf by Hitler
>On Women by Schopenhauer
>Ride the Tiger by Evola
>The Culture of Critique Series by McDonald

Read these and you'll know how the world and people work. You'll be redpilled in no time
>>
>>8219792

agreed! whatever you do don't start with the greeks, its a joke, just read some nietzche and get all existentialist brother. We're all gonna make it, us geniuses.
>>
File: 1463960203894 (1).jpg (165 KB, 398x630) Image search: [Google]
1463960203894 (1).jpg
165 KB, 398x630
>>8219792
>Mein Kampf by Hitler
THE TRUTH INIT WILL SHAKE YOU

WE ARE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING!!! GET YOUR FLORUIDE FILTERS NOW!!!! FUCK THE KIKES!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8219779
Everyone so far has been a wanker to you, OP.

Animal Farm will expand your mind man. It was written by a guy named George Owell, and it's about the problems of capitalist society. Rly makes u think.

Oh and there's a book called 1984 by the same author, and that one sort of ties into that Big Brother show where the people get watched by everyone on TV, but its all about privacy. Rly makes u think.
>>
>>8219819
Yeah I tried 1984 and it was alright, I didn't finish it though.
>>
>>8219779
I'd recommend American Psycho or less than zero to you, if you pick American Psycho (which is the better novel) the first 100 pages are quite dry but it really picks up
If you want an easier read, that still satisfies your criteria I would say read slaughterhouse five or fight club
I know these sound a bit plebby but you have to start somewhere. With reading as you read more you are able to read drier stuff but still be engaged as you would have learnt to pick up on details in prose and structure.
Have a look at the starter kit, theyre all compelling plot-wise and have some interesting ideas behind them.
Once you're able to cope with dryness you should read heart of darkness, its not a particularly difficult book (isnt easy either though) and is a bit dry, however it is marvelous and great for people who are not beginners but not well read either.
>>
Not OP but my favorite thing about The Stranger was the attitude of the protagonist and the descriptions being pretty vague (the more detailed it is, the less I can see it in my mind I guess). Any recommendations on that front?
>>
>>8219819
10/10
>>
>>8219779
Jack Kerouac sounds about right for you.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.