[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the ma and the territory was really good but atomised isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: alcoholicliterarypepe.jpg (21 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
alcoholicliterarypepe.jpg
21 KB, 500x330
the ma and the territory was really good but atomised isn't half as inspired. should i go on to read Whatever or leave it there?
>>
Read Submission.

It's great non-fiction
>>
>>8217944
Atomised is much better than the Map and The Territory IMO. If you didn't like it then you probably will also dislike Whatever
>>
>>8217948
i don't care about meme politics, i don't know if i can trust your judgment based on how good he is or isn't.
>>
>>8217949
i'm halfway through and the characters seem cartoonish and the prose doesn't strike me as much. what about soumission?
>>
>>8217948
>t. mr redpilled man
>>
>>8217944

I haven't read soumission but after whatever, unless you really like him, you can stop there. I loved atomised though
>>
Extension of the battlefield is his best
>>
I think Whatever is good but I also really liked Atomised. I also liked Submission a lot but I'm a eurofag who gets rustled by the issues at hand.
>>
submission is fucking fantasic, meme politics aside

actually, it's not even meme politics, the book is steadily a very even-sided thing. in the context of the novel, the muslim president is a fantastic president.

i think the strongest point of submission is not the critique of islam, but the critique of academia
>>
>>8218019
Submission never even tries to be critical of Islam. It's critical of establishments and, as you said, academia.

The cultural shift it shows is so insidiously well paced as well. It's just a very well written book, even if you're a total pleb who thinks politics are not important.
>>
>>8218019
this desu famille
>>
well ok /lit/ i'll trust you, i'll read both
>>
>>8218031
>>8218034
i feel like people see the premise and think it's a basically an "alt-right" mouthpiece

to answer OP's query I also liked Whatever, but for different reasons. but the fucker's take on cultural/intellectual transformations in europe are great.
>>
>>8218059
>i feel like people see the premise and think it's a basically an "alt-right" mouthpiece

i didn't, though, i respect houellebecq, i just find the book's summary to be too memeable to trust randoms' opinion of it.
>>
>>8217944
I fapped to Platform several times. Damn. I even want to go to the Philippines and see if it's true.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.