[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what books do i read to make my life happier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 750x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 750x619
what books do i read to make my life happier
>>
Curious George
>>
First you start off with simple fantasy books like Harry Potter or Narnia. They will teach you that fiction is filled with comfy worlds that will make you happy.

After that you go to more mature stuff like Game of Thrones or the Dune series. They will teach you that stories don't have to be cozy and fun, but they can still provide you with real world lessons about politics and history.

After that you can finally move onto "big boy literature," like Shakespeare and Homer. These works provide a mix of the two previous categories. They can be fun entertainment, in a more refined way, but when it isn't they also will teach you great lessons to help you live life better.
>>
Just get some nice loose leaf tea, supplement vitamin D, and listen to In Our Time in your garden.

And read Lucretius.
>>
>>8217749
>In Our Time
>>
Go see a professional.
>>
>>8217700
The Hobbit did it for me. Until i had to murder my gf for refusing to read it.
>>
File: 1452373556330.jpg (133 KB, 717x508) Image search: [Google]
1452373556330.jpg
133 KB, 717x508
The Zhuangzi

>Men of the world who value the Way all turn to books. But books are nothing more than words. Words have value; what is of value in words is meaning. Meaning has something it is pursuing, but the thing that it is pursuing cannot be put into words and handed down. The world values words and hands down books but, though the world values them, I do not think them worth valuing. What the world takes to be values is not real value.
>>
>>8217734
First thing someone should do before following your advice is to kill themselves

Start with GREEKS or get the fuck out.
>>
Bhagavd gita or the bible.
>>
>>8217749
>>8217764

by who?
>>
>>8219345
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Our_Time_%28radio_series%29?wprov=sfla1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.