[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>being completely puzzled and lost in the endless sea of countless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
>being completely puzzled and lost in the endless sea of countless philosophies that tell you how to live your life and how to achieve a greater perspective
>each time you find a philosophy that suits you, you find one that had already thoroughly debunked it
>endless cycle of jumping from one school of thought to another searching for meaning
>exhausted at the mere thought that everything there is to think of, has already been thought of before by someone else
>the age of great thinkers died about 50 years ago
>no new branch of philosophy has emerged for decades

How do you guys even sleep at night? Genuinely curious.
>>
File: BmqWIoiIMAAdYTh.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
BmqWIoiIMAAdYTh.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>8217149
>each time you find a philosophy that suits you, you find one that had already thoroughly debunked it
Just blend stoicism with rational scepticism and fuck all the rest.

>tfw INTP
Alone without being lonely.
>>
nihilism

that's how i sleep
>>
>>8217149
By not caring about such trivialities
>>
File: fug.gif (499 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
fug.gif
499 KB, 500x289
>its another anon has an existential crisis episode
>>
>>8217160
Which school of thought countered stoicism?

Genuinely curious before I indulge myself in it.
>>
I barely sleep. It's all unfalsifiable bullshit.

The wise people say I must self examine myself. Follow systems but use my intuitions. Live in the moment but plan my life. Make >X amount of money but <Y because I shouldn't work so hard. I should read abc books but develop my own tastes. I should question everything except for xyz. Have the curiosity of a child but follow the dogma of adults. Be creative but only after being a voracious and bloated consumer. Admire the chutzpah of narcissists and people with high pretensions yet have neither of these qualities.
>>
Mysticism is endgame.
>>
>>8217172
Epicureanism was the first to, but they all basically eat each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N_RO-jL-90
>>
>>8217182
Nah

>>8217175
Oh, to be 19 again
>>
>>8217198

Are you another one of those "Grow up and become a Christian" faggots?
>>
File: bostian2.png (247 KB, 432x595) Image search: [Google]
bostian2.png
247 KB, 432x595
>>8217198
>I have transcended philosophy itself and I am at peace with my mind. Perfect harmony.

>I wont tell you how tho hehe tough luck kiddo
>>
>>8217175
There's no contradiction in most of the things you mentioned unless you're superficial about it.

>>8217149
Surely you learned something along the way. It's not like those philosophies are without content, just names to worship or dismiss. Make a point out of active forgetting / ignoring and sleep well knowing that tomorrow you'll continue your search.
>>
>>8217182
Hello Wittgenstein
>>
File: bread.png (548 KB, 640x1000) Image search: [Google]
bread.png
548 KB, 640x1000
Take the bread pill OP

>3000 years worth of religious literature to indulge in
>Divine assistance from the Holy Spirit in obtaining ultimate truth
>mysticism founded on objective evidence
>freedom from the world
>>
>>8217149
Are you seriously getting into philosophy with the mindset of a consumer? Philosophy teaches you how to ask questions, what answers are wrong and maybe how to reason. It's not a goddam supermarket for ready-made systems.
>>
by building my own philosophy.
>>
>>8217613
Cant all mysticism be founded on objective evidence?
>>
>>8217919
nice
>>8217149
I've been getting into god recently and the brothers Karamazov is a great read.
Is is so bad to just live your life? Is life in itself not sufficient? Must there always be logic and reason before life itself? To search for meaning being more important and pressing then life?

These are some of the ideas I got from Dostoevsky, he has really kept me alive I think considering his novel Crime and Punishment saved me from ending my own life, when I spontously grabbed the book that had been sitting on my shelf for years. Opened it up and started reading it in my darkest hour and lifted the tormenting of my mind for a while. This in turn caused me to seek out more of his work and read his short stories which kept me going longer, which eventually i ended up to his longest work The brothers Karamazov.

I'm taking life as the lord presents it and I shall allow myself to be kicking, screaming, tearing and exploding for as long as this is what the lord causes. Although it has not happened.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.