[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
250 pages in... What the fuck is going on Do we ever learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: download (3).jpg (10 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
10 KB, 182x277
250 pages in...

What the fuck is going on

Do we ever learn about character's motivations???
>>
>>8217144
Part of the experience boi
>>
File: yusopleblit.png (310 KB, 743x622) Image search: [Google]
yusopleblit.png
310 KB, 743x622
Keep pushing and stop being a scrub.
>>
>>8217144
It's a fantasy novel, so the characters don't really have motivations. At best they'll act according to whatever symbolic archetype they belong to, but for the most part it's all about moving the plot along.
>>
>>8217393
You sound fedora as fuck.
>>
>>8217365
Im pretty sure the quality of the first book is what stands between Erickson and GRRM.
>>
I read the first book ten years ago and it wasn't even that bad
>>
>>8217523
so future books are way better? I mean Im enjoying the first book but its all over the fucking place
>>
>>8217928
The second and fourth books are excellent for genre shit. All of the ones before Toll the Hounds are ok. The last books are pretty questionable
>>
>>8218110
What is "genre shit"
>>
>>8218200
Exactly what it sounds like.
>>
>>8218285
it sounds like a bad example of a particular genre

It seems like you are implying that any fantasy is shit, but that would make you a giant fedora.
>>
>>8218306
Hi welcome to /lit/. Most fantasy is shit. Most fiction that falls under a certain genre is shit. All you can do is sift through shit until you find a decent nugget.
>>
>>8218306
literally anyone who reads fantasy is a giant fedora
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.