[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Besides the works of Bret Easton Ellis and Tao Lin, could /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3
File: Millenials.jpg (2 MB, 2188x1372) Image search: [Google]
Millenials.jpg
2 MB, 2188x1372
Besides the works of Bret Easton Ellis and Tao Lin, could /lit/ offer me some works that deal with millennials?

I ask this as a millennial who can see the vapidity and high-order narcissism of his peers, but can also see in them positive traits such as diligence and idealism (despite the onslaught of ironic content the internet has churned out). Thus, I would like some sort of assurance (or counter-argument) that all generations have been equally "me, me, me." If nothing in points such a direction, then why is that?
>>
>>8215434
try Marxism, specifically Jameson
>>
File: Are you watching the throne.jpg (75 KB, 471x585) Image search: [Google]
Are you watching the throne.jpg
75 KB, 471x585
>>8215434
>works that deal with millennials

Nu School Know-Brow YA

>>8215290

>a literature of New Media

>Avant Garde way beyond post modern

.. mattering and storytelling are in an intra-active relationship...

...Storytelling is not just a sensemaking or linguistic account, it is also about mattering...

... Storytelling is the teleological movement that arises from timespacemattering that is not strictly reducible to sensemaking consciousness...
>>
File: Deeply Beautiful.jpg (63 KB, 640x964) Image search: [Google]
Deeply Beautiful.jpg
63 KB, 640x964
>>8215434
>I ask this as a millennial

...look deeper....

..There are some recent researches which put the emphasis on the youth, the future of the society who is at the forefront of new media environment...

...According to the media ecology theory, analyzing today's generational identity through the lens of media technologies themselves can be more productive than focusing on media content....
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.