[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So What?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5
File: garalex.jpg (21 KB, 343x480) Image search: [Google]
garalex.jpg
21 KB, 343x480
Yeah, I read the Diving Comedy.

So What?

Does that make me a better man? Does that make me wiser for having read it?

I read it in a fever dream of mass hysteria, guilt, and confusion in which I wrestled with god in cacoon of my own self-righteous, twisted ego because I was not who I thought I was, and that fact had finally been revealed to me.

I was not a hero in my own play, but just a passerby in a much larger work.

But so what? So it humbled me, so it made me think, these are things we should all do, all the time.

Do I claim to have understood every passage with perfect clarity? Do I claim that what it meant most to me was not that I found the words beautiful and inspiring?

Inspiration is all around us, it means no less to the common man than it does to us.

Don't be lazy. Don't fall into the trap. Spread your wings. Dive through gutters. Dig through dime novels and pulp fiction and comic books.

Aspire to read things that are forbidden. Read things that are boring or you thought to have no merit. See for your self. Aspire to things beyond your ken, make a master of yourself those things which fill your head with conceit or insecurities.

And always, always, always, keep an open mind. There is always more to know.
>>
File: faceplant-dive.jpg (17 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
faceplant-dive.jpg
17 KB, 500x277
>The Diving Comedy
>>
I am inclined to agree.
>>
>>8215324
well whatever the fuck its called, I read it. Its sitting up on my shelve with my favorite passages highlighted in yellow market.
>>
>>8215311
>diving

Trainwrecked a trainwreck
>>
File: Topwat.gif (2 MB, 532x295) Image search: [Google]
Topwat.gif
2 MB, 532x295
>>8215311
>The Diving Comedy
>>
File: личное-2970201.jpg (128 KB, 770x796) Image search: [Google]
личное-2970201.jpg
128 KB, 770x796
>I read the Diving Comedy.
Oughtta become a meme.
>>
appearances, appearances, is that all you dunces ever consider?
>>
File: 1461911832457.jpg (24 KB, 432x500) Image search: [Google]
1461911832457.jpg
24 KB, 432x500
>>8215357
Chill out Anon. Talking with yourself as the main audience only breeds neurosis, believe me.
>>
>self important Tl;dr post with spelling error in first line.

>Anti intellectual apologist

Why am I not surprised?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.