[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else hyped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1466695404767.jpg (238 KB, 1065x1482) Image search: [Google]
1466695404767.jpg
238 KB, 1065x1482
Anyone else hyped?
>>
>>8214503
not /lit/
>>>/tv/
>>
Captain Underpants was the first book I read that was more than 30 pages so itll always hold a special place in my heart.
>>
Fuck that fag shit and the books.
>>
>>8214503
Fond memories of this series but I'd prob hate it if I got reacquainted with it as an adult.
>>
They were all intentionally stupid plot lines able to be resolved in ten single-sentence pages, how does that make a movie
What I want is a gritty, R-rated, live-action origin story tbqh
>>
>>8214572
it holds up surprisingly well actually
>>
>>8214877
Take one book to use as the movies main outline. Then take a few other books and cram their main plotpoints into the middle of it.

Judging by the cast list and what we know about the movie, I theorize that the bulk of the movies is going to follow the plot of Professor Poopypants, using the Wedgie Woman book as a subplot, with a quick summery of the one with the plant and the lunch ladies somewhere toward the beginning to explain Captain Underpants getting his powers.

They are probably saving the toilets and snot monsters for a sequel.

Most of this is just speculation though. desu I am struggling to remember quite a bit of the books, so I might have gotten some of the names or details wrong
>>
>>8214877
>What I want is a gritty, R-rated, live-action origin story tbqh
They only do those for Japanese underwear heroes
>>
They're 10 years late on that one.
>>
>>8214503
FUCK
>>
I didn't even like this shit as a kid. Manchildren should be gassed.
>>
>>8215172
It's a joke thread, anon, I don't think anyone's unironically hyped for Captain Underpants.
>>
>>8215174
I am. This was my favorite as a kid
>>
>>8215172
>Manchildren should be gassed.
Agreed.
>>8215276
Gass yourself.
>>
>>8214507
>implying David Pilkey isn't the end of literature
>>
File: 1441497248668.jpg (25 KB, 316x230) Image search: [Google]
1441497248668.jpg
25 KB, 316x230
>>8214877
>gritty Captain Underpants
>Jerome Horwitz Elementary is run-down and downright abusive
>instead of the 3-D Hypno-Ring, they order some psychoactive chemicals from the mafia
>they lure Krupp and trap him in a dark basement, torturing him and using the chemicals to mindbreak him into Captain Underpants
>Dr. Diaper's plan to destroy the moon is treated with the seriousness actual moon destruction would be met with, real-world military forces mobilize to stop him
>a joint squad of Navy SEALS, British SAS, and Spetsnaz try to infiltrate and break the device, get absolutely mangled by his robots and technology
>all of Captain Underpants' fight scenes are shot in shaky-cam and up close
>Poopypants is a Russian villain who takes cues from Dugin and Neo-Eurasianism, Wedgie Woman is a dominatrix
>Booger Boy is a government project, is portrayed like in the 80's remake of The Fly
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.