[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Of Mice and Men a few seconds ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: elessar_by_alicexz-d4fkx9l.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
elessar_by_alicexz-d4fkx9l.png
1 MB, 800x800
; _ ;

I need to hug another human being .....
>>
Log off mouse brain
>>
I literally finished it an hour ago too man. I bawled.
>>
>>8214180
Then I sat on my front porch and thought about it for a bit. Here are my thoughts if you care:

Truly a wonderful story. I think we go through life supported by our fantasies. In moments of quiet or loneliness we can slip into a reverie and be comforted. Everything is going to get better. But once you realize it's never going to happen, once your circumstance is changed forever, that edifice of daydreams crumbles. The true heartbreak is for George, who loses everything -- his friend, his dream -- just like all the other bindlestiffs. Lennie on the other hand got to die with the thought that everything was gonna get better.

I imagine there is a parallel to be drawn with regards to soldiers. Lennies died on battlefield and Georges got live with the aftermath.
>>
>>8214163
such sad book
>>
My brother is mentally retarded and growing up with him really just made me hate him. That's probably why this book never had the emotional impact on me as it had on others.
euthanasia shouldn't be illegal[\spoiler]
>>
>>8214230
Babbys first analysis? This is what I would expect out of a 12 year olds book report. Kys senpai
>>
>>8214344

Your story with your brother isn't done yet. You will love him in the end I can assure you that.
>>
>>8214230

I care about your thoughts and want to thank you for that post. I agree with everything you wrote.
>>
>>8214163
Now read "the pearl" and cry like a bitch.
>>
>>8214344
Same. Worst part is: he's conscious enough to know the shit he pulls is wrong, but, because he can get away with it, he does it anyways, and takes great pleasure in doing so.
>>
>>8214473
I actually have that sitting on my bookshelf. I read it a long long time ago for some class but I forgot what happens in the story.
>>
>>8214355
>implying that 12 year olds today have the ability to critically analyse
>>
>>8214473

The Pearl is way more edgy.
>>
>>8214355
You kys

What did you get out of it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.