[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>27 volumes The absolute madman Is it at least any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
>27 volumes
The absolute madman
Is it at least any good?
>>
The third volume is coming out soon. It's interesting but definitely low-quality Danielewski writing. I'd say it's corny for /lit/ standards but overall pretty quick reading. My favorite thing about it is the online community. It's cool to see people working together to translate all the different languages and speculate about what stuff means. It's available as an ebook if that sways you at all.
>>
>>8215287
Actually it came out already.
I'm still on #2.
>>
>>8213912
No
>>
>>27 volumes

i knew danielewski was a hack, but that is really awful. he should have just planned 26 and had each volume themed after a different letter of the alphabet
>>
>>8213912
Comic books for pseuds
>>
is this gonna be like sufjan steven's album for every state thing where he does three or four and just gets bored and starts doing something else
>>
>>8216760
Yes, but Marky Mark will just write whatever the fuck he wants and pass it off as part of the series.
>>
File: 9780375714986.jpg (41 KB, 292x450) Image search: [Google]
9780375714986.jpg
41 KB, 292x450
"The rest of Wednesday vanishes into long analyses of Recluse's request. They go over the pages Mefisto printed out from a thread on Reddit called "Appomattox Redux," decoded with a key from 4chan under "weapons." The issue isn't the meeting place - Recluse or "his apparatus" have suggested the Lincoln Memorial - but the initial contact with Cas."

-The Familiar v. 3, 196

Does he browse /lit/?
>>
File: IMG_20160306_183145.jpg (1004 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160306_183145.jpg
1004 KB, 3264x2448
>>8217142
>Does he browse /lit/?
It wouldn't surprise me.

I gave up halfway through Vol. 2. Hardly anything interesting happened in well over a thousand pages, if Xanther were a real person I would sucker-punch her until her ribs turned to mush, the writing is nowhere near House of Leaves (which is still his best book, IMO), and I do not feel like buying twenty-seven books.
IMO, if he just made the story centered on Cas, Anwar, Luther, Isandórno and maybe jingjing it'd be worth 27 books. As it stands, not at all.
>>
>>8213912
Looks like someone's attempt to secure a detailed article in the encyclopedia of hacks.
>>
>>8213912
I was initially hesitant, thinking the gimmick would overtake the style, but I actually like the writing. Story is getting darker and more interesting as it develops. I find Xanther very endearing, and I really like the Anwar/Astair chapters.

Does anyone else reading get the impression that Luther is secretly a fag?
>>
>>8217431
>Luther is secretly a fag
I got that vibe from the Hopi scenes in TF01, yes.
>>
>>8217142
>Does he browse /lit/?
he probably doesn't browse, but he has probably been here once or twice, like any half-technology-literate author. 4chan's not a super secrit club
>>
>>8217473
Sure, but most people with any public standing would keep their name away from here because of the weird reputation it's developed.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.