[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A guy writing for a newspaper of my country is saying that political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 0917_vienna_opera_house.jpg (51 KB, 400x259) Image search: [Google]
0917_vienna_opera_house.jpg
51 KB, 400x259
A guy writing for a newspaper of my country is saying that political wounds bleeding at the moment in Europe is strongly tied to the refutation and disgust the urban people have developed for the countriside people. You may call it a large scale elitism.
So as only city people ever seem to produce importabt works, even if they only make half of the country populations, can there be no /lit/ from that demogeaphic?
>>
a lot of /lit/ is produced in inbred country, but it wouldn't be surprising if city people produced more literature, wealth and education predispose you to it.
>>
>>8213365
That's a rather cavalier hypothesis your newspaper guy is holding there.
Anyway, there is a country literature, as much as there is a proletarian one. It just hasn't the same channels of publicity than more legitimated (I didn't say "legitimate") ones. Sadly, I couldn't help and quote any authors, probably for this very reason...
>>
Literature has definitely shifted dramatically towards the metropolitan in the past two centuries or so, I can think of a few well-recieved authors who live in and/or write about "the countryside" of the past few decades
>Alice Munro
>Cormac McCarthy
>David Foster Wallace
>Toni Morrison
>>
>>8213539
What did DFW write that was not urban/suburban?
>>
>>8213946
I don't exactly know anything about him but didn't he live in a rural area for some major stretch of his life? I remember hearing a possibly true rumor about him being a member of a mennonite church.
>>
>>8213365
Rep yo set cuh
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.