[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should authors be allowed to discuss this deeply detailed about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1467044046880.jpg (26 KB, 540x344) Image search: [Google]
1467044046880.jpg
26 KB, 540x344
Should authors be allowed to discuss this deeply detailed about a characters personal life? Especially about literature meant for kids?

>Stephen King admits Roland from The Dark Tower series likes to be pegged
>>
Who cares
>>
>>8213121
They shouldn't not be allowed but they should know better than to engage in that kind of nonsense.
>>
>>8213121
>Harry potter books are full of murder
>Wizards and witches dropping dead like flies, many of them children
>End of the world stuff every academic year

A tweet merely implying a sexual position is worse than all that murder?

Morality in 2016
>>
>>8213121
that's not real, is it?
>>
Its dumb but since only hacks who write shit books do it who cares? Just because pop culture cares doesn't mean I should.
>>
>>8213121
It's called flogging a dead horse until you're mashing bloody pulp with your bare hands

If she's gonna keep that potter money pouring in, she has to pander as hard as she can to her mostly progressive fanbase
>>
Based Barthes told me I don't have to pay any credence to stuff like this so Rowling BTFO
>>
>>8213121
>everything
>totally a switch :3
fucking hell dumbledore's one of those ugly mugs who troll grindr for someone to rape #shouldvemadesnapegay
>>
>>8213121
T-this is fake, r-right?
>>
>>8213172
You always preferred to think of him as a pillow-biter?
>>
>>8213176
more like a beautiful majestic hoary-headed stallion being ridden through the gardens of love and pleasure.
>>
>>8213121
>Should authors be allowed
yes

They dont matter all that much so who cares
>>
Rowling is a philistine writing for philistines to read.
>>
I wrote a 90k word fanfiction based on Harry's homosexual relationship with Dumbledore. I had over 500k readers and a bunch of people asked me to continue writing but I was really scared I was becoming legitimately gay.
>>
>>8213222
dude
its okay to be gay
change the names, take out the magic, and have another go at 50 Shades
>>
File: PrugetheGay.jpg (104 KB, 795x593) Image search: [Google]
PrugetheGay.jpg
104 KB, 795x593
>>8213247
This. If your story is popular enough, why not profit off it?
I doubt you'll get any shit Rowling and who cares if people think you're gay? You can be rich, you fruitcake.
>>
>>8213121
>>8213172
She was clearly answering that question as a joke, you morons.
>>
>>8213247
>>8213293
I didn't want to be gay, I still don't even though some stuff has happened since them that makes it difficult not to admit that I'm at least bi.
>>
>>8213344
see a therapist you confused fruitcake
>>
>>8213158
>Barthes
>based
pick one and only one
>>
D-Dumbledore-kun?
>>
I feel like authors should always have to pick a pseudonym, where the name functions only to link their other works together.
Maybe if they become really renowned it can be linked to their actual person as well, so we can find out more about absolute legends like Goethe and Kafka, but otherwise not.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.