[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If The Samsa family was so poor and in debt, how did they have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: gregorsamsa.jpg (68 KB, 555x252) Image search: [Google]
gregorsamsa.jpg
68 KB, 555x252
If The Samsa family was so poor and in debt, how did they have a servant girl?

Also, Kafka general.
>>
Most people react poorly to times of crises
>>
File: MTIwNjA4NjMzODYxOTMyNTU2.jpg (102 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTIwNjA4NjMzODYxOTMyNTU2.jpg
102 KB, 1200x1200
>be absolutely beta male
>write shit after shit boring story about your boring beta office life and your beta insecurities
>write in your will that you want your shit stories destroyed so the world will never know about your embarrassing works
>""""""""""""""""friend"""""""""""""""" immediately publishes them after your long painful death with tuberculosis

Welp! Poor beta Kafka
>>
Kafkaesque
>>
Were the Zimmerherren Jews?
>>
Basic economy mang, it's not because you have great debts that you are poor.
>>
>>8211424
poor then isn't the same as poor now. the family in pride and prejudice were supposed to be poor but they had a house that even upper middle class people couldn't afford now.
>>
>>8211424
most of the fucking book is gregor whining about how he has to work to afford to keep his family's lifestyle from diminishing.
>>
>>8211495
He just wanted the love of his family :(
>>
>>8211467
I'm really very disappointed that people like this are allowed here
>>
>>8211467
>beta
he was getting pussy left and right
>>
In the middle of Crime and Punishment, and the economic situation there is also interesting. I've had to infer but it seems that large houses have a landlady and one or two servants/cooks, but these get divided among many tenants. Is that right? I know the basic outline of Russian history, but not in such detail as to know city living conditions.
>>
>>8211493
This, different times.
Everyone and their dog had a servant back then. Having only one servant is actually a sign of them being poor.
>>
>>8211424
Servants were cheap enough for anyone with a halfway decent income to afford at least one back then.
>>
>>8212255
why didnt they just fire the servant to save in money?

>kafka
>ever being logical
>>
>>8212297
This has nothing to do with Kafka not being logical. Read any book from the period it was written in dealing with people with money issues, and more often than not they will have a servant.
>>
If so many Los Angelinos are poor and in debt, why do they all drive Mercedes' and BMW's?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.