[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am halfway through pic related and I am having trouble understanding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Catch22.jpg (31 KB, 241x360) Image search: [Google]
Catch22.jpg
31 KB, 241x360
I am halfway through pic related and I am having trouble understanding it and enjoying it. I figure that beneath the humour there is a story of incompetent soldiers being tired of the war but what more is there? Is the humour supposed to be funny?
>>
why do you make this thread every day. Is there humor in this for you? Is this supposed to be funny?
>>
>>8209936
first time making this thread, I can only assume that I am not the only one too stupid to figure it out
>>
>>8209930
>Is the humor supposed to be funny
>>
>>8209930
yes, the humour is supposed to be funny, but it also helps a bit if you have served in the military
>>
>>8209930
it has some humor but it's not the main feature. Just read it and see what you think once it'ś finished. If you're not enjoying it at all and have better things to do with your time, just stop now. No one will reprimand you
>>
It has a very specific and somewhat repetitive style that some might find annoying, but I don't see why you'd have trouble understanding it. If it's because the timeskips confuse you, that's pretty much the point.

Catch-22 is very straightforward, but it has a little more layers than just "incompetent soldiers tired of war", so I'm not sure what to tell you.
>>
>>8209930
There's a chapter near the end that pretty much spells out the book. If you still don't get it, blame your parents for their shitty genes.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.