[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FML I have to write a personal statement for med school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: writersblock.jpg (1 MB, 2832x2178) Image search: [Google]
writersblock.jpg
1 MB, 2832x2178
FML I have to write a personal statement for med school

This is so fucking hard. Do you guys have any advice? I don't want to make it generic and boring but I don't want to make it too off topic, either.

I'm thinking about following this pattern:
Stasis
Trigger
The quest
Surprise
Critical choice
Climax
Reversal
Resolution

but my life is honestly not interesting enough to fit all that stuff in. DAMN I hate this
>>
>Stasis
>Trigger
>The quest
>Surprise
>Critical choice
>Climax
>Reversal
>Resolution
This is the tracklist to my new album
>>
>>8209518
How much is it worth to you, to get into medical school?

A hundred thousand in fees, and a future career in medicine?

Surely that's enough to splash out a few hundred bucks on a professional personal statement writer.

Google is your friend.
>>
>>8209518
If you can't write a convincing personal letter you don't belong in med school. The fact that your have to write one implies your marks were barely enough for them to even consider you.
>>
>>8209562
Everyone in America has to write one faggot. This isn't some third world country.
>>
>>8209567
No, good students get interviews. It's the same in law school. If you have to write a letter your chances are slim.
>>
>>8209576
>(((good students)))
>>
>>8209576
Your level of ignorance astounds me LMAO

For your sake I hope you're trolling... but honestly I hope you're real just cause it's so funny imagining that someone as idiotic as you actually exists XD
>>
>>8209615
>Says the guy who has to, but can't without the help of 4chan, write a personal letter because his grades sucked
>>
>>8209518
>>8209562
Like this dude says, personal statements are easy to write for the kind of people that they are looking for.

They're just blog posts. Let's say you're on tumblr and you're reading a blog post. What is the first and most important thing you try to gauge? That's right. It's "Is this dude an idiot or what?" That's the same thing that the med school is going to do. Now, here is the beauty of it: you can use any piece of writing for that. So, if you are the type of person that they are looking for, then you can write anything, and it will show as long as you spend time editing it.

That is why it's easy. Because you can write anything you want.

Anyway, let's go back. Why can you use any piece of writing for evaluation? Because it's not about content! It's about how you communicate, how you try to make your points, and a whole bunch of between the lines stuff like that. That is where you shines through the writing as long as you've spent time editing.

The point of editing is to make sure your writing meets your standards. You should have your own criteria for "Is this dude an idiot or what?", and you edit your paper as best you can so that the answer is no. Now, since you are using your own standards and criteria, the more you edit, the more the result will reflect you, which is why I've been saying it's so important to edit.

Looking at your post, you are a) too worried about content and b) don't have or trust your own standards because you want to follow some weird pattern. My judgment is that you just don't understand (what I've explained in this post) and so I would reject you from my med school based on your post.
>>
>>8209525
Dope
>>
File: Untitled.png (180 KB, 1093x865) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
180 KB, 1093x865
You want to make your life a novel/movie?
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 500x532
>>8209518 >>8209567
>faggot
I would not hire you for any job, let alone let you be my physician.
>>
>>8209881

I'm pretty close to the medical world although I didn't get into medical school (though not from lack of intelligence), and you'd be surprised at how dumb most medical students are. A lot of them were those "is this going to be on the test" types who haggled with the professors over every single point in every single assignment, and they complain even about having to do addition and subtraction in the course of their work. I had a professor who went to Harvard med school with what are supposed to be the best in the world, and he had a story that shattered a lot of my faith in doctors. Med students are by and large experts at rote memorization and jumping through hoops and not much else. There are some very good doctors out there, but they are more the exception than the rule.
>>
>>8209518
Structure's important but so is the way you write. Read a little Joyce, or Shakespeare and learn about the inherent musicality of language. You don't have to write a poem, but if you learn a little about how to write musical prose your statement will be a lot more appealing and attention grabbing.
>>
pay for one of those professional personal statement writing services; they will help you write what the medschools actually want from a prospective student.
>>
You're writing to a bunch of possibly autistic doctor adcoms. They don't give a fuck about your substance, just show them you're not a sociopath and you're genuinely "interested" in medicine and they'll call you down for an interview given your stats aren't shit.

-MS3 at top 20 US allopathic program
>>
>>8209518
who cares, ether your mcat score and gpa are good enough or they arent
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.