[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://books.google.com.au/books/a bout/Punk.html?id=LPJGYg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1465658786246.jpg (198 KB, 1008x720) Image search: [Google]
1465658786246.jpg
198 KB, 1008x720
https://books.google.com.au/books/about/Punk.html?id=LPJGYgEACAAJ&redir_esc=y

>Punk: An Aesthetic
How do I read this now for my project that is due in a couple days?
>(pic unrelated)
>>
by saying that the punk aesthetic was manufactured by record labels to pander to the already dead punk scene that would become trendy.
and that the 'greatest punk bands' were actually just power pop bands and no-wave did punk better than any movement since.
>>
>>8209165
a bit reductionist but more or less: this
>>
>>8209165
Whether or not they were manufactured, Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Damned, et al. had some great fucking tunes.
>>
>>8209165
no-wave was just a bunch of liberal art-school douchebags who appropriated the aggression and dissonance but weren't in touch with true any true non-conformist values, just regurgitating the same post-modern bullshit again and again

crust punk and nazi punk are the true champions of the scene
>>
>>8209374
ramones had like 3 tunes and made 17 or something albums out of them
>>
>>8210455
Hold on now, just off the top of me head I've got four.

Sheena is a Punk Rocker

Beat on the brat

Rockaway beach

Blitzkrieg Bop

Then they also did the best version of the oldschool Spiderman theme.
>>
don't read all of it. just read pertinent chapters and pull out quotes.
>>
>>8210455
ya but those 3 tunes were top notch
>>
>>8209127
>/g/ anime on /lit/
Are we doing a crossover?
>>
>>8210796
Bonzo goes to Bitburg is a kickass song.
>>
>>8209374
>no mention of the Clash
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.