[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are prose fags worse than plot fags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1460339197626.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1460339197626.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
Are prose fags worse than plot fags?
>>
>>8208553
No. Also, most of the people you posted don't tend to do it for prose-fags, unless they're the kind that think something is good based on the sole merit of the quality of the usage of close-third.
>>
File: 1430439633988.jpg (175 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1430439633988.jpg
175 KB, 960x720
>>
If the prose is good they can write whatever they want, it will be good. If the plot is good, I don't think that can carry bad prose. One book with bad prose but good plot I can think of is the Dexter books, but even that got to be too much for me. And maybe even then it wasn't bad prose, just very dumbed-down.
>>
>>8208553
i don't know any of these authors except dallas-fort worth, al franken, and ayaan hirsi ali.
>>
>>8208553
Absolutely.

Prosefags believe that if it looks good they can write about a man taking a shit and it should be hailed as high art.
>>
>>8208760
>not knowing David Foster Wallace
reeeeeEEEEEEEEEE *thrashes on the floor*
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.