[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is everything fundamentally One? Or is the universe fragmented
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
Is everything fundamentally One? Or is the universe fragmented at the Noumenal level? What would Nietzsche's answer to this question be?

I'm having trouble answering this because, conflict is such an important concept in Nietzsche, and conflict presupposes two differentiated forces fighting against each other(Weak/Reactive, Strong/Active in Nietzsche) but at the same time the doctrine of The Will To Power seems to presuppose a certain oneness to the universe, that fundamentally everything is this one Will (like Schopenhauer)

Thoughts?
>>
>>8208508
the concept of flux presupposes differentiation, i dont think Nietsche would agree with kant and schoppy when they said there is no plurality at the noumenal level
>>
>>8208508
bymp
>>
File: 1457222450276.jpg (25 KB, 500x388) Image search: [Google]
1457222450276.jpg
25 KB, 500x388
>>8208524
good post

if you're really interested in identity and difference in Nietzsche, look no further than Deleuze. The will to power is the creation of difference that is not reducible to the identical. The eternal recurrence, for him, expresses precisely this: the universe is a continual productive process, but a process which continually produces only difference. It is not a whole (being), but a process (becoming). So there is only will to power, but it is not identical to itself and is not an essence, being, or whole.

I'd also recommend taking the question of being versus becoming, as Nietzsche did, all the way back to Heraclitus and Parminedes.
>>
>>8208663
>So there is only will to power, but it is not identical to itself and is not an essence, being, or whole.
thanks this helps a lot

iv tried reading Deleuzes book on nietzsche but i just cant stand the way the fucking guy writes
>>
>>8208671
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/314929.Identity_and_Difference

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/449135.The_One_and_the_Many?from_search=true&search_version=service
>>
>>8208524
>the concept of flux presupposes differentiation
But you must remember that Heraclitus said there was no differentiation of the Logos (this being more like Hegel's Geist than the Logos of Christianity), and men deluded themselves into thinking they had private intellects of their own.

>We should let ourselves be guided by what is common to all. Yet, although the Logos is common to all, most men live as if each of them had a private intelligence of his own.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.