[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think colonial adventure novels will make a comeback after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: visiting nintendo treehouse.jpg (100 KB, 720x381) Image search: [Google]
visiting nintendo treehouse.jpg
100 KB, 720x381
Do you think colonial adventure novels will make a comeback after the inevitable disillusionment with multiculturalism?
>>
>>8208111
a new age Kipling?
>>
>>8208121
yeah or rider haggard

but not as a moustache twirling hipster but really honest modern adventure novel, like if corto maltese went to syria etc.
>>
yea, i've seen a progressive retardation of white boys and girls, so i can see pleb shit like that making a come back. got to placate those white retards with some shit.
>>
File: eat-pray-love-movie.jpg (44 KB, 680x474) Image search: [Google]
eat-pray-love-movie.jpg
44 KB, 680x474
It already has, but the main target is now white women seeking spiritual enlightenment with the foreigns.
>>
>>8209846

>white women seeking spiritual enlightenment with the foreigns.

You mean black dicks.
>>
>>8208144
The butthurt is palpable.

I'm not white either, but no need to be so upset about it.
>>
>>8208111
I'd hope, after the inevitable disillusionment with multiculturalism, that white people will stop paying attention to, or caring about,
>>
>>8208111
>dat pic
>when you realise most of the natural resources of the congo were stripped to make nintendo big again
even if you didn't intend this OP, very nice. +1
>>
We might see a resurgent interest in Kipling. We all better read him now while it's hot, before the normies get their grubby little hands on him.
>>
>>8209869
You now, if you updated Kim to the current day, it would sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>8208111
Colonial as in Tintin in Congo and Kipling?
Extremely unlikely. The rise of the right is, I believe, slightly overrated. It's definitely not strong enough to bring back that level of racism.
They still exist, though, but in a different form. Instead of a man traveling to a country, the reader is the one who travels. An example is Kite Runner or Alchemist or new age music (Yanni, Enya...).
We are always fascinated by exotic cultures, whether we see them as inferior (early Tintin), equal (Corto Maltese) or superior (Kite Runner, where we expect to learn from them), and this kind of books isn't going to die out soon.
>>
>>8209937
>Tintin and Kipling are racist
>racism is equated with right
>Enya is an example of anything other than elevator travel
>random condescending comment about works of art viewing other cultures as inferior

You tick all the boxes
>>
>>8208111

It extends to more than just novels.
After multiculturalism dies its long-deserved death, whites will start focusing more on their own nations and heritage and we'll again see a resurgence in real innovation, in the arts and in science.
History will look back on the period of fascination with nigger culture, from hip hop to comparative anthropology, as a regressive aberration.
>>
>>8209956
Thing is, regressive left and cultural marxism is a perfect fit for corporate culture (mid level managers will all be trannies wearing preferred pronoun badges) and the internet business model. So no matter what Sokal did to them, they live on as an endlessly multiplying digital echo and indeed control most of the resonance boxes.
>>
>>8209956
>>8209958

these two posts were posted by a bot. you can tell because they are just a combination of various words picked up from different contexts, reshuffled into a new one in an attempt to mimic actual human speech
>>
>>8209962

>various words picked up from different contexts, reshuffled into a new one

That's all speech, moron.
It isn't our fault you're too stupid to make sense out of anything other than pre-chewed memes.
>>
The absolute madman! I told him, "Go to Africa if you want to study the negroid psyche," and he actually fucking did it!
>>
>>8209962
Oh no, I neglected to engage anon properly by writing several paragraphs about the topic he should already be familiar with in order to both understand and participate in the discussion. But in doing so I think that I (we) helped you better undestand the trials and tribulations natives felt when white men disembarked with all the goodies of civilization like toilet paper and glass beads.

Edit: Thanks for the gold, stranger!
>>
>>8209973
but your post was pre-chewed memes. that was the point
>>
>>8209999

>post is random data
>post is a meme

you're too stupid to post here.
>>
>>8210001
get some quads and then try again
>>
>>8209949
Early Tintin is pretty racist (not necessarily intentionally) and xenophobic. (No, blacks totally worshipped dogs and USSR was a caricaturally shitty country.) Please tell me that Herge's portrayal of blacks and Russians is equal to Hugo Pratt's.

Racists tend to be conservative, yes.

Enya is flavored by celtic music, that's a fact. It's also a fact that plenty of people enjoy this "exoticness". I never said her music was good.
>>
everyone above this post is retarded
>>
>>8210009
>No, blacks totally worshipped dogs and USSR was a caricaturally shitty country.

Both true.

>Please tell me that Herge's portrayal of blacks and Russians is equal to Hugo Pratt's.

Of course it isn't but the tone of Tintin itself is far sillier and offhandish than Corto Maltese. Nothing wrong with stingy caricatures.
>>
>>8210073
Jokes on you, I have 4chan set to upside down mode.
>>
Pynchon is the modern Kipling. V., Mason & Dixon, Against the Day and some elements in other novels. All pure adventure novels.
>>
>>8210128
that makes you retarded (and me I suppose)
>>
>>8209962
There are only two pronouns applicable to the human genders. I'm sorry if you can't settle your mindset with reality without feeling the need to call everyone a faggot.
>>
>>8211331
>being this monolingual
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.