[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone interested in the illustrated version of Neverwhere?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 9781472228413_1.jpg (47 KB, 230x355) Image search: [Google]
9781472228413_1.jpg
47 KB, 230x355
anyone interested in the illustrated version of Neverwhere?
>>
>>8207591
anyone interested in pretty pictures about a shit book based on an okay tv mini series?
>>
>>8209373
>a shit book based on an okay tv mini series?

>implying

The book is great. The TV series is shit.

>>8207591
Sure.
>>
File: p015pkgf.jpg (92 KB, 480x745) Image search: [Google]
p015pkgf.jpg
92 KB, 480x745
>>8209429
>The TV series is shit.

yeah it pretty much was

there was a good radio adaptation of it a couple of years ago tho. it had christopher lee as the earl of earl's court.
>>
>>8209429
if the series was shit, how can a book that is basically just a rehashing of the events with bad prose be great?
>>
File: neverwhere doorhunterrichard.jpg (37 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
neverwhere doorhunterrichard.jpg
37 KB, 600x427
>>8210461
Because the show is based on the book. It's just that the book was published for the public after the show aired.

Also
>He turned, and standing there was a tall woman, with long, tawny hair, and skin the color of burnt caramel. She wore dappled leather clothes, mottled in shades of gray and brown. She had a battered leather duffel bag over her shoulder. She was carrying a staff, and she had a knife at her belt and an electric flashlight strapped to her wrist. She was also, without question, the most beautiful woman that Richard had ever seen.
And when it comes to the show... pic related. I'll let you guess who was being described.

Granted, I read the book before watching (and promptly dropping) the show and I imagined it quite differently, but clearly, my imagination > that shit show. Long tawny hair with burn caramel and not charcoal skin my ass.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.