[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to start reading this. is it as good as i've heard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: cover_277.jpg (46 KB, 277x416) Image search: [Google]
cover_277.jpg
46 KB, 277x416
about to start reading this. is it as good as i've heard?
>>
Its really good. Only problem is Patrick is the same as GRRM when it comes to getting books finished.
>>
>>8207073
only one way to figure it out, newfriend
>>
there's a general for this, shill.
>>
>>8207073
it's good shit, that is as long as you don't mind waiting another couple of years for book three.
>>
Good enough that I rediscovered that old fantasy novel thrill from childhood. Just have fun with it. Don't think too hard.
>>
>>8207073
Embarrassing Mary Sue fanfiction
>>
File: 55399.jpg (56 KB, 312x475) Image search: [Google]
55399.jpg
56 KB, 312x475
>>8207073
>>8207106
>>8207703
>>8207859

I started reading this and it fucking sucks. I am flabbergasted how people recommend and enjoy this utter shit. It is so slow paced and ineffective, absolute shit tier. Really, can someone explain how they like a book that plods along with so little originality and spice? I mean, do you people like to just read toilet construction manuals all day long? The taste of the populace has grown hopelessly poor. Pic related, as well
>>
>>8207891
gardens of the moon is awful
>>
>>8207891
It's entertaining light reading. That is going to mean different things to different readers. As long as we mostly agree on what's literary then I have no issue with you disliking Malazan or Name of the Wind. Relax pal, move on and read what you like.
>>
>>8207909
I realize I probably sound a little intense in my criticism, but it's very annoying as a fantasy reader to be looking for new books and constantly running into echo chambers of people recommending absolute shit books. No, I refuse to chill out on this kind of shit. The public lauding of shit literature is a virus that helps convert ignorant people into actual morons.
>>
>>8207106
>>8207703
>>8207859
>>8207909

Sure is fucking summer in here.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.