[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was she really worthy of all the acclaim she got from the establishment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Maya Angelou.jpg (42 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
Maya Angelou.jpg
42 KB, 355x500
Was she really worthy of all the acclaim she got from the establishment or was she just a charity case?
>>
>>8207025
She's great. You're the charity case.
>>
Morrison > Hurston > Angelou > Walker tbqh
>>
>>8207070
and they're all shit
>>
>>8207072
Nah Walker is the only genuinely mediocre writer there.
>>
>>8207081
idk i dont mind hurston and angelou but morrison writes drivel.
>>
>>8207085
I don't think she's amazing as an -artist- but she's a beyond excellent writer regarding theming, structure, characters, and prose. Not as innovative as Hurston though, made some big missteps on occasion, and from the 90s on she really ran out of things to say. Song of Solomon > Sula > Beloved > the other stuff.
>>
>>8207100
Paradise is really good
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.